Dakar 2016 - Stage 13 - Villa Carlos Paz > Rosario

mrlentle

RDC keyboard warrior
RDC Crypto
So if both Gordini's are "involved" (according to the video), with Kellon driving the 312, and Robby "comes back to help and stay with crew", what was Robby driving and where was he?
I would have thought he'd be in the Race Car - I'd assume he and Kellon has to be during a liaison stage.

Advertising supports this site

John Bitting

Administrator
RDC Crypto
Website
race-dezert.com
I never saw anything that stated he "came back to help and stay with crew" It appears to me that he was there when it happened and involved and couldn't leave. The Gordini in the wreck was dirty from just racing the days stage, so it couldn't leave and RG and Kellon had to finish in that vehicle. I don't know who was driving which vehicle, and I am not going to speculate. I base my comments on the video footage.

Stupid move on all who were involved. I hope they learned their lesson.
I had originally posted he went to be with the crew, that is what I was told over the phone. Obviously facts were scarce at the time and we tried to report facts. I apologize if we mislead anyone, It wasnt our intention. We had just heard it was the H2 that rolled and everyone was alright aka no fatalities and would survive, RG would not make the podium as he chose to be with the crew. Little did we know...

dlink

RDC Crypto
I had originally posted he went to be with the crew, that is what I was told over the phone. Obviously facts were scarce at the time and we tried to report facts. I apologize if we mislead anyone, It wasnt our intention. We had just heard it was the H2 that rolled and everyone was alright aka no fatalities and would survive, RG would not make the podium as he chose to be with the crew. Little did we know...
John;
No apologies needed for me. I appreciate all the contributions you and RDC team have made! I was just trying to figure out the 'order of events' to a most unusual ending to RG's Dakar Rally. Here are a few more photos of the accident scene from MondoD, Dakar 2016: el abandono de Robby Gordon por un accidente en el enlace final a Rosario

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto

I was just trying to slow down the speculation that was going on based off rumors. I didn't have any more info than I saw on the video.

I appreciate all you guys at RDC did and do for us Dakar fans who are just keyboard racers and wont ever be able to go.

Advertising supports this site