Dakar 2016 - Stage 2 - Villa Carlos Paz > Termas Rio Hondo

RGFan

unnamed.jpg

The statistics speak for themselves: with around 800 kilometres to cover depending on the category, the day will be very long. There is a significant distance to cover in both the special and the liaison sections: although the terrain presents no real difficulties, the relatively fast tracks may already benefit those who love hills and crossing rivers and who can keep up high speeds over the whole distance. Cars and trucks are entitled to an extension on this day.

Schedule
Local Time is GMT-3
Pacific Standard Time is GMT-8
1st Start (GMT-4) 8:00 am

Transit
Bikes: 316 km / 196.4 miles
Quads: 336 km / 208.8 miles
Cars: 336 km / 208.8 miles
Trucks: 336 km / 208.8 miles

Special Stage
Bikes: 450 km / 279.6 miles
Quads: 450 km / 279.6 miles
Cars: 510 km / 322.5 miles
Trucks: 510 km / 322.5 miles

Bikes/Quads

Cars/Trucks

Last edited:

klajunas

an early start at last! but long way to finish :) 510 km special stage for cars - its like special stages distance of 3 average European national rallys in one day... without trying/being there, its hard to comprehend even....

Chris Tobin

I copied and pasted.....Most likely they can run late if they have issues most likely.
10-4, I figured you did, I was just hoping for an explanation...

A_Roben

I may be mistaken but didn't the maps include soil/terrain descriptions in the years past. I wonder why the wouldn't include that this year

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Dirty Harry

I may be mistaken but didn't the maps include soil/terrain descriptions in the years past. I wonder why the wouldn't include that this year

They aren't in the printed books we received either. I am speculating that this might be due to the late course changes after Peru withdrew.

Combo

First car starts at 8:15am et
Robby Gordon 9:11 et
Sheldon Creed 9:16 et

klaus

Administrator
Since we had a little bit of time today and I remember some of this from last year, plus asking around we plan on getting close to the course tomorrow and produce action photos.

Day 3 of racing hopefully will be the first time we see a race car going faster then the speed limits....

Chris Tobin

Since we had a little bit of time today and I remember some of this from last year, plus asking around we plan on getting close to the course tomorrow and produce action photos.

Day 3 of racing hopefully will be the first time we see a race car going faster then the speed limits....
Did you guys ever get the Q&A sorted and posted?

klaus

Administrator
Did you guys ever get the Q&A sorted and posted?
Yes, we just wrapped it up earlier. Robby is busy so we are doing it in small bite sizes. He is super cool about it and enjoyed talking with us about all the questions and then some...but time is the enemy here.

The story is stateside now and John is finalizing it. His discretion when it gets posted.

Last edited: