Dakar 2017 KTM vs HRC(Honda)

just_a_fan

Reaction
Ok we all know that the Dakar 2017 is coming and is just around the corner..what's your take on KTM vs HRC this year ? can HRC take the win or will KTM continue the history ?

Desert Dog

Dakar Finisher
Reaction
Not sure about the Honda camp, but the KTM works team is strong and the customer team run by KTM Warsawa has now been rebranded www.duust.co. Marek & Filip Dabrowski have introduced quite a few top riders into the field over the past two years.

just_a_fan

Reaction
But what about Joan Barreda if he get a good bike with out any bike issue he is fast.. ?

ZequeArgentina

Reaction
I will not discard my teammate Kevin Benavides, he is the one to have improved more, rally by rally.
From my point of view Toby Price is a little step above everyone else, for speed and consistency.
Barreda and kevin based on speed.
But Qintanilla, Sunderland, and basically all the other works KTNM riders also

just_a_fan

Reaction
I will not discard my teammate Kevin Benavides, he is the one to have improved more, rally by rally.
From my point of view Toby Price is a little step above everyone else, for speed and consistency.
But Qintanilla, Sunderland, and basically all the other works KTNM riders also
I would agree Kevin Benavides is very fast..

JDDurfey

Reaction
I would like to see Honda get a Dakar victory. Toby Price is fast and consistent and will be hard to beat, so KTM very well may take another win. I would also love to see an American on the top of the podium no matter what brand of bike.

spalind

Reaction
KTM will take it....don't see that Honda has the durability issue licked yet...

Deutsche Lustwaffe

Reaction
Ok we all know that the Dakar 2017 is coming and is just around the corner..what's your take on KTM vs HRC this year ? can HRC take the win or will KTM continue the history ?
The Dakar is long and unpredictable to a certain degree - Husqvarna and Yamaha can have a say in that Rally Raid. They have the bikes & riders for it!

safaritroy

Reaction
But Qintanilla, Sunderland, and basically all the other works KTM riders also
Hard to bet against orange again this year, three top echelon riders - TP seemingly able to pull another notch when he needs to, Sunderland - solid work ethic and a consistent season behind him, Walkner - as the Austrian homies behind him all the way... and the Polish KTM (former Orlen) team - yeah they're as routined and experienced on DAKAR as any factory effort from only a couple years back (other than possibly KTM itself).

if HRC leave the red carpet at home, and focus on attacking the race as a team... on paper they should have the rider staff, machines and backing to do so... but for the last four years they have consistently found ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. seems that "stage win" glory was prioritized over the cheif goal... Where have we seen that before? So personally, I haven't seen much this year to change my view this last six months... while the rest of the team were pitting themselves against the FIM CCR's best at Marocco... HRC had their star Barreda and factory waterboy Metge parading around at the front of a four bike procession in China (under the pre-text of race testing?) and then proclaim a PR coup with BamBam's "win"? I hope that Speedy, Kevin and Ricky can form a nucleus in team red this January and keep the Mattighofen boys honest.

Husky... by (KTM) defacto have the most proven bike under them, with a great team structure now behind them after more than 12 months established. Quintanilla (like Honda's Benevides) is a bright young talent that seems to have the speed/reliability balance in check. The current FIM Cross Country Rally World Champ would love to put the DAKAR gold on the mantle.

Yamaha... so much promise with the new WR 450 rally bike and team members at Marocco... a podium place for one of them at DAKAR will be a good goal.

Hero/Speedbrain and Sherco... they will fight over the table scraps of the three factory outfits and find some spots in the daily top ten stage results on a regular basis, one would hope.

Dirty Harry

Reaction
Toby Price is really good, but with Despres and Coma retired I see the field still somewhat wide open. It is such a contrast to the cars, where there has been one dominating brand at a time for the last decade with no true factory rivalry. I don't know if Honda can top KTM but j can hardly wait until January to find out!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today