• Forum membership has its advantages....

Dakar 2017 Stage 4 - SAN SALVADOR DE JUJUY - TUPIZA

Chris Tobin

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not surprising, that car took a hard hit judging by the pictures I saw. I'm sure there was chassis damage beyond "loosing a wheel" that forced the team to withdraw the car from the race.

Chris Tobin

Bummer about Nasser. I thought they would get it fixed.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
Really??? It looked pretty tore up to me... I would imagine that it takes quite a bit of force to rip the spindle from the A-arms like that and that the chassis would have a pretty good tweak after that hit... Also any additional damage done from the drive to the end of the stage...

Plus, you also have to add in Nasser's willingness to drive a repaired car from that far back in the field... Would he be a distraction to the team and an unnecessary drain on team resources??? Would he be willing to be a water carrier???

Ferrari333SP

With a solid lead since the start of the special, Stéphane Peterhansel has suffered a setback after following a track in the wrong direction. The Peugeot driver has been at a standstill for a while now…

Ferrari333SP

With Stéphane Peterhansel having difficulty in resuming the race, Sébastien Loeb has ground to a halt less than two kilometres from Peugeot No. 300 and has been at a standstill for more than five minutes!

Ferrari333SP

Having resumed racing, Sébastien Loeb has once again stopped several kilometres further on. Perhaps the Frenchman has a problem with his Peugeot 3008...

kaw500

GEEEZ, you stay in bed one day and miss all the fireworks. Took awhile this AM to catch back up.
Go HUSKY Go

Ferrari333SP

Nani Roma is in the reckoning for the stage victory against Cyril Desprès. The Toyota driver has reached WP2 ahead of the Frenchman, but only by four seconds. Mikko Hirvonen has put his Mini in the top 3, but is already 5 minutes behind the stage leader.

Short Bus

At the end of the day yesterday I would have said Peterhansel would be tough to beat. However, if he loses significant time today, then anyone in the top 10 probably still has a chance.

I also would be surprised if Loeb can make it to the end without significant lost time due to either an overdriving or a navigation issue.

I also think Sainz will push to hard and make a mistake. He has admitted he is only interested in winning and is pushing hard to be in front.

If Peterhansel loses enough time, Despres might be in good shape.

The Minis might end up plodding along to the front of the pack too. They are reliable if not fast.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Looks like Bort is through WP11 and Despres and Sainz are through WP6...that is if I am reading the tracker right. Ha!