Dakar 2017 Stage 6 ORURO - LA PAZ

blue dog

Reaction
Thanks for your dedication Short bus.

JPBart

Reaction
Can someone translate fesh-fesh? Seems like it's something between fine sand and silt but I can't tell for sure

MX304

Reaction
Can someone translate fesh-fesh? Seems like it's something between fine sand and silt but I can't tell for sure
It's really, really fine sand. Basically the same talcum power consistency as silt.

Chris Tobin

Reaction
It what we would call silt, but in the African Dakar they called it fesh-fesh and somehow that carried over to the South American Dakar...

E. Araiza

Reaction
Considering the extreme climatic conditions and that some drivers are still on the stage course,

Considering that is impossible to bring the vehicles of all participants back to the bivouac and prepare the next stage in the best conditions

Considering that people of the organisation in charge of the reco of tomorrow’s stage course informed that the road is unpracticable

The 6e stage of ORURO-LA PAZ has been cancelled.

Ferrari333SP

Reaction
Nothing from official Dakar sources that the stage has been cancelled yet, that I can see

TJERGENSEN

Reaction
On another tread . there was talk about harder navigation. and it seems like it has been . i did see a bike with a computer that had the arrow that shows to the way point. does anyone know for sure what they did to make it harder.

Spark

Reaction
On another tread . there was talk about harder navigation. and it seems like it has been . i did see a bike with a computer that had the arrow that shows to the way point. does anyone know for sure what they did to make it harder.
There is no arrow pointing direction to wp this year and area of "check in" reduced from 800 to 300meters

Short Bus

Reaction
It looks horrible in the bivuac. It doesn't look like there is any high ground.

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
Doesn't that look like FUN!! (NOT!)