★ Dakar 2019 - Stage 10: Pisco > Lima

Total Loss

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert
Lucky he didn't lose 20 years.

I almost leveled a dune jump once...I was sharting my pants in the air trying to push the bike down and luckily I landed just at the end of the down slope...not a good feeling.

Will_Higman

Dakar Finisher
You can’t have outside help in the rally so how it started was that the teams would have these giant trucks full of parts for the race vehicles and they would enter the trucks and then chase the race in the trucks Who were actually mechanics and could fix the race vehicles. It slowly evolved into a race class. Now most of the teams use multiple entries and one of the guys is the designated give up your parts for the team leader if he needs it.
True and when the race was in Africa the support vehicles that traveled from bivouac to bivouac were all large 4X and 6X euro style large trucks. The “assistance route” between bivouacs had tons of dirt sections so a standard US style semi rig wouldn’t have cut it, no motorhomes either. RG is all set to return to Africa with his rigs! My speculation is if they do return they will seek out a more friendly assistance route because so many teams have invested in rigs more suited for the pavement in South America. Also I would bet they have a couple more stationary bivouacs that years ago they would have never had.

2007 Lisboa Dakar Rally Race Report

:)

Offspring

Lucky he didn't lose 20 years.

I almost leveled a dune jump once...I was sharting my pants in the air trying to push the bike down and luckily I landed just at the end of the down slope...not a good feeling.
He's lucky the trend over the years was to move that instrument cluster farther forward and lower.

evoblack

Interesting, I just saw where they're going to kill the Textron Branding name and go back to Arctic Cat

"Passion can change people. Change minds. And in the end, it can take us back to where our family has been all along. Because Arctic Cat fans and powersports enthusiasts demanded it, the Arctic Cat® name will be returning to ATVs and Side-by-Sides in 2019. "

ARCTIC CAT BRANDED SIDE-BY-SIDES AND ATVS ARE COMING BACK

BajaFand

Have the Hummers even seen daylight in the last 4 or 5 years? I can think of one rally that Yazeed did with them right after Robby sold them and I don’t think they’ve been run ever since. I know Yazeed doesn’t technically own them, but where are they?? The other RGM Freightliner went with them too.

RYAN COHEE

Interesting, I just saw where they're going to kill the Textron Branding name and go back to Arctic Cat

"Passion can change people. Change minds. And in the end, it can take us back to where our family has been all along. Because Arctic Cat fans and powersports enthusiasts demanded it, the Arctic Cat® name will be returning to ATVs and Side-by-Sides in 2019. "

ARCTIC CAT BRANDED SIDE-BY-SIDES AND ATVS ARE COMING BACK
Textron owns Artic cat and a few other small company's
Textron Aviation | Manufacturer of Beechcraft and Cessna Aircraft
10 Reasons Why Arctic Cat Was Sold to Textron | SnoRiders

Ferrari333SP

Cole Potts on latest RG Instagram post: "Thank you very much for the opportunity! Now let's go build some hummers and whoop some ass!"

mrlentle

Have the Hummers even seen daylight in the last 4 or 5 years? I can think of one rally that Yazeed did with them right after Robby sold them and I don’t think they’ve been run ever since. I know Yazeed doesn’t technically own them, but where are they?? The other RGM Freightliner went with them too.

Yazeed hurt his back in the Hummer that rally I believe? George or Desert Dog will know more I'm sure.

A_Roben

Yazeed hurt his back in the Hummer that rally I believe? George or Desert Dog will know more I'm sure.
Yes its funny reading through here it seems like everyone forgets about that. If my memory serves me right RG sold the hummers and a support truck to MY racing or something like that. The plan was for him and Yazeed to race the Dakar that year. That would have been exactly what everyone wanted. RG driving a competitive vehicle for a professional team. That all fell apart when Yazeed drove off a dune and hurt his back. He then built the gordini and the rest is mess we have tuned into since then

MX304

Could the Gordini be updated to IRS like the Hummer, or would it be "easier" to just start from scratch.

michael_loomis

Could the Gordini be updated to IRS like the Hummer, or would it be "easier" to just start from scratch.
I just brought that up in the 2020 thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RGFan

Opinions are like a-holes, everybody has one. I was talking about this at the beginning of the rally. Bottom line, it could be done. The question is, does it make more sense to cut it up and make those changes to it or are they better off to just start from scratch or do they use another machine outright. That is for RG and his team to figure out. Yazeed drives for the team which just won the rally (actually no he did not this year, my bad)...…Would he want to leave a top notch team and reliable car for a machine that for whatever reason he clearly has not been confident enough to bring over himself.

Below is a vid from the Hail Rally in 2017

Attachments

Last edited:

nimrod

KOOK!
What makes a T4 a T4?

It seems like it just has to have a straight 6 engine?
I thought the drivers seat had to be 900mm behind the front axle but that would make Kamaz illegal so you can tell I’m not too hot at reading rules.

Could a dodge 3500 with a straight six Cummings race T4?

Last edited: