• Forum membership has its advantages....

★ Dakar 2019 - Stage 6: Arequipa > San Juan de Marcona

BajaFand

Assuming they had 100% fresh cars after the rest day why are they so far behind again today? Nobody here has mentioned any issues so far today. I at least expected them in by now and they still have many hours to go?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

michael_loomis

Loomis - what's faster than race pace - Warp Factor? o_O
In RG’s case yes. Lol

But for everyone else, you push 110% testing. In a long distance race like this you are never 100%, unless you’re Nasser the the car killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AP255

Never quit not an option. Give them all credit for pushing on can’t even imagine how beat up they are. Hope everyone with a contact on the team sends them some encouragement to be tough and make it to the finish line

fishd00d

What A Joke
Team Speed update. All 3 cars are now running together. They just got going again and have 160km left to go! No giving up yet!

michael_loomis

That’s what we are looking for fish. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hendricus

Fish, thanks for sharing your info in this forum. You, plus many others, make this a great "one stop shop" for following the race.

Stop #2 - of course - is your Instagram.

Hendricus

At this point it's safe to say that Robby, Blade and Cole are being held up by way more than belts and speed limits.

fishd00d

What A Joke
2019 Dakar Rally: Moreno Leads UTVs at Halfway, Team Speed Presses On! - UTVUnderground.com

Looking around for more scoop on the CanAm team that Cassie Currie is a part of. Acouple of nice stories at this site, but that's about it.

They have to have a Fish, Hog and Nimrod type connections too - one would think?
The team Casey is on is called South Racing. They have 17 CanAms in the rally. It’s an arrive and drive program. Cost is around 300k just depending on some factors. Pretty cool program if you ask me. Lemme know if you want to know anything specific I am in contact with the team down there.

Short Bus

What are peoples thoughts on the competitiveness of the cars from the various teams?
There seems to be a good mix of manufacturers and layouts in the top 10. 4wd/gas leading, but a couple 2wd/4wd diesels are all represented as well. Martin Prokop's Ford is in the top 10 too.
I'm feel like in the race this year, the driving/navigating is more important than the speed of the cars (within reason).

Hendricus

The team Casey is on is called South Racing. They have 17 CanAms in the rally. It’s an arrive and drive program. Cost is around 300k just depending on some factors. Pretty cool program if you ask me. Lemme know if you want to know anything specific I am in contact with the team down there.
Wow Fish! You are one connected macaral! Thanks! That's a hell of a program! 17 cars! Now that's some serious race-craft development.