• Forum membership has its advantages....

★ Dakar 2019 - Stage 7: San Juan de Marcona > San Juan de Marcona

spalind

RB cut off a minute and a half from Sunderland at WP6...and is through the finish...should remain in overall lead...

michael_loomis

Nice run RB!

The videos of Nasser the last couple days, he has absolutely scaled it back a bit.

Go Toyota!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

havahockey

Flipper
Here are some cool graphics I found on the Dakar site that shows the progress of who has been leading to overall in each class after each stage and you can see how the leads have changed. The bikes are the only ones updated through todays stage as they've started to finish. I'll post the updated graphs later today as the other classes finish.

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 9.38.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 9.39.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 9.39.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 9.40.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 9.48.03 AM.png

spalind

So RB lost 6:30 to Sunderland today but gained 3:10 on Van Beveren

Now in first by 6:55 over Price with Van Beveren 7:47 back and Sunderland 9:58 back....

Going to be a shootout in these last two stages but he is in an excellent position...

Is the 10th stage the usual "parade" stage again so the primary worries are 8 and 9 now?

fishd00d

What A Joke
So RB lost 6:30 to Sunderland today but gained 3:10 on Van Beveren

Now in first by 6:55 over Price with Van Beveren 7:47 back and Sunderland 9:58 back....

Going to be a shootout in these last two stages but he is in an excellent position...

Is the 10th stage the usual "parade" stage again so the primary worries are 8 and 9 now?
Ya the 10th stage is like 60miles so really it’s gonna come down to the next 2 days!

Did your buddy make it home? Haha

spalind

Ya the 10th stage is like 60miles so really it’s gonna come down to the next 2 days!

Did your buddy make it home? Haha
11 hours ago he was in between flights so he should be closing in on home!

Hog Wild

There are some crazy waypoints on this stage. It's in the same area they were in on the second half yesterday. Same exact huge dune peaks, but the course comes in from different directions. Here is one of the crazy waypoints. They have to climb to the peak, go down one side to a waypoint (out of view), then climb back over to another waypoint part way down the steep side, then u-turn mid way down and go back over the ridge. Crazy!
1547485879403.png

BajaFand

Crazy with all of the time Sunderland lost yesterday he put himself right back in contention. If the next 2 stages are anything like the last 2 it’s still anyone’s race. What’s the plan, Johnny??? Bring it home Ricky!! USA USA!!!

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Last edited:

Hendricus

There are some crazy waypoints on this stage. It's in the same area they were in on the second half yesterday. Same exact huge dune peaks, but the course comes in from different directions. Here is one of the crazy waypoints. They have to climb to the peak, go down one side to a waypoint (out of view), then climb back over to another waypoint part way down the steep side, then u-turn mid way down and go back over the ridge. Crazy!
View attachment 198030
It's no wonder why nobody wants to be the lead bike. I have no idea how they do it with all the witch eyes and small features dunes so nicely provide.