• Forum membership has its advantages....

★ Dakar 2019 - Stage 8: San Juan de Marcona > Pisco

michael_loomis

That’s a big IF. And even still for them to be competitive they are going to have to put a couple years min into development and trial races. You aren’t just going to show up to the Dakar as your first race and think you’re going to win even if Honda factory is behind it. Hell they can’t even keep a dirt bike engine together for their top riders! (Cheap shot but it seems to be true). Such a bummer.
That’s my point. They won’t just show up to Dakar. How many races has Brabec done? It ain’t just Baja and Dakar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ace_photo

GET SOME
This doesn't seem correct. I think it was either forbidden entirely, or it was with stiff penalty, in 2015 too.
Forbidden in the car classes I believe, not bikes. I recall Nani Roma having to rebuild his engine after stage 1 a few years back after a major issue.

Hendricus

Haha sorry I just like to speak what I feel is the truth. It makes for a good conversation.
The crowd at RDC is typically refined and politically correct. You're comment was such a surprise! So harsh! You hurt me!

Speaking of refined and diplomatic, where's Pistol Pete been? Seems he has no more interest in Dakar?

Hog Wild

Today's stage starts on very fast terrain. I expect RG and team to be pretty far down in the beginning due to the speed limit. After that comes a mix of terrain, then choppy dunes.

mrlentle

The crowd at RDC is typically refined and politically correct. You're comment was such a surprise! So harsh! You hurt me!

Speaking of refined and diplomatic, where's Pistol Pete been? Seems he has no more interest in Dakar?
Pistol's been lurking from the looks!

BANNED4LIFE

ive been watching.....just would be TOTALLY hated on here because i would ask the question why RG wants to compete under some rules for car class and some of the utv rules, in a combined "RG special rules class that he has in his head that the organizers dont agree with"...... or does he have a legit beef???? ive been busy so not reading everything.......baja this week for my FIRST time navigating ever for 15yo daughter FARRAH....VIVA BAJA!!!

Hendricus

Pistol's been lurking from the looks!
Ya I see that. I'm honored to pull a couple of "likes" from him. We need his opinion of the SpeedCat's, the Talon's, and the top dawg (in Dakar anyway), the CannedHams. And when is Pete going to jump in with the cool kids and build a SxS racer?

Hendricus

ive been watching.....just would be TOTALLY hated on here because i would ask the question why RG wants to compete under some rules for car class and some of the utv rules, in a combined "RG special rules class that he has in his head that the organizers dont agree with"...... or does he have a legit beef???? ive been busy so not reading everything.......baja this week for my FIRST time navigating ever for 15yo daughter FARRAH....VIVA BAJA!!!
So very cool! Go Farrah! What do you have her in?

Hendricus

Robby passed someone in the rally!!

It's almost satirical. Robby's in about last place. He passes a guy going 30mph, and the Spanish speaking girl screams because John Lennon just touched her hand! The guy driving glances over, "What's up with you?"

The turbo Yamaha did sound solid though.

BANNED4LIFE

So very cool! Go Farrah! What do you have her in?
she is racing a 4cyl ecotec bajalite in the san felipe mayhem 175......leaving 3am tomorrow so she can prerun in rzr first then do entire course in the bajalite maybe twice, 87mile lap .... and possibly build a sxs for racing someday.....i have used polaris rzr's for years for prerunning baja and DIG them, just talked to polaris this morning about the new/awesome TURBO-S models!!!!

nimrod

KOOK!
Well we’ve got Casey and the Dumpster Fire left to follow. Hopefully Pete starts renting out Dakar vehicles soon!

GBRACER

Robby's effort this year is an absolute embarrassment pathetic at best show boating at the begining saying he's going to give the top cars a run never seen such crap, makes me want to run out and buy a Texcrap NOT!!!!!.
Such a half assed put together effort.

michael_loomis

I’m just stoked to see these 50 year olds racing and doing pretty good. Reminds me I’ve still got time to show the world what I’ve got. Lol

fishd00d

What A Joke
I’m just stoked to see these 50 year olds racing and doing pretty good. Reminds me I’ve still got time to show the world what I’ve got. Lol

Most of the top Dakar drivers seem to be around 50 years old haha. Nasser might be in early 40s?

Hendricus

Robby's effort this year is an absolute embarrassment pathetic at best show boating at the begining saying he's going to give the top cars a run never seen such crap, makes me want to run out and buy a Texcrap NOT!!!!!.
Such a half assed put together effort.
The Dakar has a way of snowballing on you. I guess you could say it looks bad being so far behind, and I get that. So for the guy that doesn't want to look bad, you drop out. For the guy that wants to make the most of the opportunity at hand, you learn what you can. You repair and continue to run the cars. Testing is testing. Do it in secret somewhere, or do it on the world's stage of Dakar.