★ Dakar 2019 - Stage 8: San Juan de Marcona > Pisco

BANNED4LIFE

Robby's effort this year is an absolute embarrassment pathetic at best show boating at the begining saying he's going to give the top cars a run never seen such crap, makes me want to run out and buy a Texcrap NOT!!!!!.
Such a half assed put together effort.
WTF????? please stop sugarcoating everything and tell us how you really feel.....DICK!

wheeli

Funny Guy from the North, eh
The Dakar has a way of snowballing on you. I guess you could say it looks bad being so far behind, and I get that. So for the guy that doesn't want to look bad, you drop out. For the guy that wants to make the most of the opportunity at hand, you learn what you can. You repair and continue to run the cars. Testing is testing. Do it in secret somewhere, or do it on the world's stage of Dakar.
he's livin the dream........ i hope he finishes im glad he's still trying

nimrod

KOOK!
The impression I get is that Robby got paid to go to Dakar so he did but he did not do the work needed to get there and be competitive. He is making a lot of noise for the people that are paying his bills which kind of seems to be standard operating procedure for him especially if you look at his NASCAR effort.

nimrod

KOOK!
Personally I’d rather see more coverage of Casey who is actually in the top 10 instead of the large amount of coverage of Robby. I want to see Robby but I wished it was a little more balanced

nimrod

KOOK!
Bike guys make great 4 wheel vehicle guys as they age. Pete started on 3 wheels. I think you Learn pretty fast about reading terrain when you don’t have a roll cage around you and that translates into some great skill

fishd00d

What A Joke
Robby used to ask 750k-1Mil to go drive the second Hummer. If his prices are close to that still that means he got maybe 1.5-2min from Hildebrand and Potts alone. RG is not stupid he makes $$ with everything he does.

ace_photo

GET SOME
14:26 Number 4 for Loeb
Sébastien Loeb has picked up his fourth stage victory on the Dakar 2019 on completion of a show of strength. The man from Alsace has beaten Nasser Al-Attiyah by 7’27 in Pisco and Jakub Przygonski by 15’15. In the general standings, Loeb is just 16 seconds behind the driver in second position, Nani Roma!

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Hendricus

she is racing a 4cyl ecotec bajalite in the san felipe mayhem 175......leaving 3am tomorrow so she can prerun in rzr first then do entire course in the bajalite maybe twice, 87mile lap .... and possibly build a sxs for racing someday.....i have used polaris rzr's for years for prerunning baja and DIG them, just talked to polaris this morning about the new/awesome TURBO-S models!!!!
Pete, what's your opinion of the belt drive(s)? I know you won't know for sure until you actually start racing SxS's, but what's your gut tell you today? Think you can live with them? Or do you think you will try to get away from them? I guess it depends on class rules doesn't it? If the class requires stock drivetrain, then I guess you figure out how to live with it. What do you think of the motorcycle type wet clutch that Yamaha uses?

fishd00d

What A Joke
Thinking about this one. Who’d have access in the Honda pit? You just don’t walk into peoples pits in the biv.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app
I believe the suspension adjustments happened on the marathon stage where the bikes were all put together where only the riders and ASO was staying that night. No crew was anywhere around.

michael_loomis

I believe the suspension adjustments happened on the marathon stage where the bikes were all put together where only the riders and ASO was staying that night. No crew was anywhere around.
I’m also wondering if a fuel sabotage could have happened there and just now taking its toll on the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nimrod

KOOK!
Pete, what's your opinion of the belt drive(s)? I know you won't know for sure until you actually start racing SxS's, but what's your gut tell you today? Think you can live with them? Or do you think you will try to get away from them? I guess it depends on class rules doesn't it? If the class requires stock drivetrain, then I guess you figure out how to live with it. What do you think of the motorcycle type wet clutch that Yamaha uses?
The Can-ams run belts and the top 10 in SxS at Dakar was all can Am last I checked, or BRP which is Can-Am.
The Honda talon will have the 6 speed dct in it that they’ve developed in their bikes and have been running in all their other sxs models. They’re using the same engine too but tuned for more power. Their drivetrain in SxS is very solid as are the Polaris and Can-Am belt system.

Bricoop

Robby used to ask 750k-1Mil to go drive the second Hummer. If his prices are close to that still that means he got maybe 1.5-2min from Hildebrand and Potts alone. RG is not stupid he makes $$ with everything he does.
Potts and hildebrand did not pay that much. The cost of running a 3 car team vs a 3 UTV team is multiples different. I haven’t even heard of on-course support for the team either.

nimrod

KOOK!
Oh I get that. Lots of flash and money making but not lots of results. What’s his Fishgistics ranking?

fishd00d

What A Joke
Potts and hildebrand did not pay that much. The cost of running a 3 car team vs a 3 UTV team is multiples different. I haven’t even heard of on-course support for the team either.
But they aren’t running a 3 UTV team. Those are 3 cars!!