• Forum membership has its advantages....

★ Dakar 2019 - Stage4: Arequipa > Tacna

vegasloki

Pack her up boys. Time to go home. He’s not impressed.
LOL...

The reliability of the equipment might not be impressive but the force of will and sheer determination is pretty impressive. It's easy to throw in the towel. It's hard to keep going when you're getting your ass whipped.

NIKAL

Should of been raced in the UTV class. Because that's exactly what it is. A UTV, with bigger tires on it. That seem to be a burden more than a benefit at this point.
As I said his “Race WildcatXX” would not meet the specs of the UTV class. They don’t meet the specs of the Score Production class, this they race in the UTV Unlimited class. It’s not just a larger tire that keeps him from racing in the Dakar UTV class. It’s the motor, as the motor is turbo’ed and currenly Textron does not offer a production Turbo WildcatXX. The wheelbase is longer then the production WildcatXX. His car is 77 in wide, I’m not sure what the UTV class allows?

I’m going to assume Robby’s vast Dakar experience told him & Textron that the Score Open Car Class was the best fit, and best for getting TV exposure. But hey it fun to speculate what he should have done from our couches!

Zambo

I was just poking around on the Dakar website and it looks like 9 Cam-ams and a Yamaha in the top ten? Also, it looks like those cars are running pretty small tires. Like smaller than stock even, but I may just be used to seeing big tires on UTVs these days.

AP255

Fish great job on the updates. It’d be cool if people could appreciate the amount of effort RG puts into racing its not easy

blue dog

What happened to GDV and Ten Brinke today ?

billy evans

I was just poking around on the Dakar website and it looks like 9 Cam-ams and a Yamaha in the top ten? Also, it looks like those cars are running pretty small tires. Like smaller than stock even, but I may just be used to seeing big tires on UTVs these days.
The guy driving the Yamaha is last years Quad champ . The car is pretty sweet. Irs a turbod yxz .. The guy puts out some pretty good video updates. They made it back but are struggling tonight on their own trying to fix axle issues. Loeb is falling back and breaking my heart..

fishd00d

What A Joke
Fish great job on the updates. It’d be cool if people could appreciate the amount of effort RG puts into racing its not easy
Whats up Alan!!! I didnt know you came on here anymore good to see ya!!
Ya the amount of work is insane.

Blade is still moving but Potts is broken, might be the end for Potts

facteryfmf

The guy driving the Yamaha is last years Quad champ . The car is pretty sweet. Irs a turbod yxz .. The guy puts out some pretty good video updates. They made it back but are struggling tonight on their own trying to fix axle issues. Loeb is falling back and breaking my heart..
Ahh. Didn't think that was SxS class legal. That's surprising. So now we know that other than tires and width Robbys XX WOULD be legal in SxS.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

michael_loomis

Well technically, RG bought a Johnny Kaiser Alpha car and converted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

facteryfmf

Whats up Alan!!! I didnt know you came on here anymore good to see ya!!
Ya the amount of work is insane.

Blade is still moving but Potts is broken, might be the end for Potts
If Blade was suffering from overheating at the beginning of today's stage, the end could be near for him also. I cant imagine that motor living through this much silt and miles very long.

fishd00d

What A Joke
If Blade was suffering from overheating at the beginning of today's stage, the end could be near for him also. I cant imagine that motor living through this much silt and miles very long.

He was overheating due to a impeller broken in the water pump. They replaced it so in theory it should have been good to go........but who knows haha. At this point he is still moving thats all we know.