★ Dakar 2019 - Stage4: Arequipa > Tacna

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
This is now on my bucket list. Must attend one Dakar even if it’s moved to Africa.
despite all the rumors every year I doubt it will leave South America anytime soon. Why?
The fans alongside the course are customers of the event. Merchandise and those bikes, cars and UTV's is what is actually influencing the markets in those areas. Africa does not have the same purchasing power. Is less of a market.
The hosts have budgets to sponsor ASO to come to their nations.
Logistically it is lightyears easier compared to Africa for support.
Both places have dunes and plenty of general offroad terrain.
Safety. ECOrace pulls it off but South America offers more medical safety and safety against violence.
It is working. Why change what is working even if not perfectly. ASO still gets higher profile entries compared to Eco race or Silkway.

Last edited:

BajaFand

Reaction
despite all the rumors every year I doubt it will leave South America anytime soon. Why?
The fans alongside the course are customers of the event. Merchandise and those bikes, cars and UTV's is what is actually influencing the markets in those areas. Africa does not have the same purchasing power. Is less of a market.
Safety. ECOrace pulls it off but South America offers more medical safety and safety against violence.
It is working. Why change what is working even if not perfectly. ASO still gets higher profile entries compared to Eco race or Silkway.

It’s for this reason (the first reason more specifically) it’s why I can’t understand why the ASO loves to give the Gordon team such a hard time. He’s a huge fan and media draw. The fans and the TV cameras love his balls to the wall driving style.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
It’s for this reason (the first reason more specifically) it’s why I can’t understand why the ASO loves to give the Gordon team such a hard time. He’s a huge fan and media draw. The fans and the TV cameras love his balls to the wall driving style.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app
Gordon vs. media vs. ASO.

In my opinion they all love him. They love the promotion he does. Robby loves them as well.
Every statement you hear counter to it is simply part of the script.

michael_loomis

Reaction
I really don’t think the ASO is against RG at all... I just think it’s the French way they are. Just like this para rider situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michael_loomis

Reaction

I think they ASO could capitalize on both... return the “Dakar” to its home... and then keep Dakar South America in play as well at a different time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk