★ Dakar 2019 - Stage4: Arequipa > Tacna

ace_photo

GET SOME
Reaction
Newsflashes - 10/01 09:19 [GMT -5] - Moto
FIRST BIKES AT THE NEUTRALISED ZONE

The first 15 bikes are now in the 55-km long neutralised zone on the way to the start of the last portion of the special and its 146 kilometres, a portion on which they will have to remain vigilant due to a first zone of fesh-fesh.

Ah silt... Hope to see some epic photos from this.

ace_photo

GET SOME
Reaction
Nassar now leading Peterhansel by 0:13 through WP2

Total Loss

Reaction
Wow...gotta give kudos to Gordon for his perserverence.
I thought he was done.
Bravo.

Is he carrying the box today?

spalind

Reaction
"Antanas Juknevičius is in a race against time to reach the start of the special before the cut-off time. The 12th-placed finisher on the Dakar 2018 is trying to repair his engine after an error during maintenance which could prove to be costly!"

What did his engineers do? Drop a nut into the intake?!?!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
This popped up on my Facebook memories from 6 years ago today lol.

IMG_2084.jpg

spalind

Reaction
"Antanas Juknevičius is in a race against time to reach the start of the special before the cut-off time. The 12th-placed finisher on the Dakar 2018 is trying to repair his engine after an error during maintenance which could prove to be costly!"

What did his engineers do? Drop a nut into the intake?!?!

Wow...I was joking with this...but that IS what happened....they found it and removed it and have begun again....

spalind

Reaction
Quintinilla with problems and dropping way back...if Brabec holds...he may very well be leading the whole effing thing....

RGFan

Reaction
Since RG is obviously out of contention at this point, do you think he says "F it" and goes all out, to hell with the speed limit? I guess it would depend on the level of repairs done to the machine, the terrain and his attitude. Thoughts?

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Since RG is obviously out of contention at this point, do you think he says "F it" and goes all out, to hell with the speed limit? I guess it would depend on the level of repairs done to the machine, the terrain and his attitude. Thoughts?
No because they will DQ him instantly and he wont be able to do anymore stages

RGFan

Reaction
No because they will DQ him instantly and he wont be able to do anymore stages

Im pretty sure the rules said there was only a time penalty, not DQ for each infraction......But then again as of mid-October, there was no speed limit either and we know how that went.

GBRACER

Reaction
that was informative how about fix the car and leave the phone alone it is a race I think but could be wrong !!!!
Brought plastic cutlery to a gun fight ,,, so disappointed