• Forum membership has its advantages....

★ Dakar 2020 - Stage 9: Wadi Al Dawasir > Haradh

nimrod

KOOK!
I think it will, but we shall see.... I think Johnny Campbell is in the bivouac, right? I don't quite understand what Johnny brings to the table at this point, but I have to think that his contribution is significant. Now..., is it a critical or crucial contribution? I guess that depends on who is telling the story.
Johnny has developed the bike and is Rickys rider assist guy.
translation: Engineers in Japan build bike bring to USA. Johnny takes them to Baja or Dumont. Johnny and the JCR guys ride it and test it. Johnny tells them what to fix. They go back to Japan fix it then repeat the process. Remember when the KTM’s had like 15 mph more top end? That got worked out and fixed on El Diablo.

Johnny is also Rickys assistant and strategist. Dakar is very much like playing chess as far as which stages to do well and go for the win on and which ones to hang back a bit on.

Johnny also drives the Motorhome for him and Ricky.

Ricky is the man and an amazing, super talented racer but like all racing It takes a solid team.

randy s

Johnny has developed the bike and is Rickys rider assist guy.
translation: Engineers in Japan build bike bring to USA. Johnny takes them to Baja or Dumont. Johnny and the JCR guys ride it and test it. Johnny tells them what to fix. They go back to Japan fix it then repeat the process. Remember when the KTM’s had like 15 mph more top end? That got worked out and fixed on El Diablo.

Johnny is also Rickys assistant and strategist. Dakar is very much like playing chess as far as which stages to do well and go for the win on and which ones to hang back a bit on.

Johnny also drives the Motorhome for him and Ricky.

Ricky is the man and an amazing, super talented racer but like all racing It takes a solid team.
is kendall norman traveling with the team as well nim?

ISRengine

Worthy of note here is that SPH doesn't have his normal navi. It was supposed to be his wife and then she was unwell so he's getting navigated at in English instead of French. Obviously he's adapting well as he made a couple comments early on that it was a little difficult compared to usual.
SPH wife (Andréa) is well, never have been sick, when she have pass is medical they have found a aorta malformation, so they wont let her race
For her it was not a ''joy'' run for her she is a serious dakar ''rider'' shea have done 9 dakar, 5 in moto, 3 in car and one in truck