★ Dakar 2021 - Stage 1: Jeddah > Bisha

MiguelB

Super Moderator
Reaction

More photos in the PR link above

2021-RB-CristinaStage1-2.jpg2021-RB-CristinaStage1-3.jpg2021-RB-CristinaStage1-6.jpg2021-RB-CristinaStage1-9.jpg

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Mitch had 3 flats today and had to wait for the truck for tires. What a bummer for him. The rest of Americans had pretty decent runs with Ricky having Nav problems.

AJ just got the SSV win after official results.

spalind

Reaction
They were listed as being from Israel in 2018 edition?

🤢
Of course...Not so much of a political handicap being Israeli in South America...Interesting though...I wonder what their passports look like? Don't think you can get into SA with an Israeli passport...

ZequeArgentina

Reaction
I feel a bit "Billy-no-mates" talking to myself here. 😂 😂 😂
Hi Desert Dog!!
This arabic Dakar gives me a problem of world clock, with 6 hours time difference most of the stage (short ones as today’s one) is done before I have woken up! And today I had big family at home. From tomorrow on I will be more in touch!

As I have been reading, stage 1 was very rocky, even too rocky, and very few cars had no or o ly one puncture.
2wd cars have advantage of tyre size and less weight in these rocky terrain, so less stress on tyres.
Let’s see tomorrow with longer and probably more sand parts ( just by looking google earth, which may be wrong)