★ Dakar 2021 - Stage 7: Ha'il > Sakaka

MiguelB

Super Moderator
Reaction
2021-Dakar-S7-Results1.jpg

2021-Dakar-S7-Results2.jpg

Bricoop

Reaction

This is such a mistake by the aso/fia. If safety is a priority, they must allow replacement of dangerous components. I believe the fia allows F1 teams to replace a damaged tire between qualifying and the race.

Further, if riders are permitted to swap tires on the stage, why can’t they do it in the bivouac? The “marathon/no team assistance” stages are great, but they’ve gotta use some common sense.

mrlentle

Reaction

This is such a mistake by the aso/fia. If safety is a priority, they must allow replacement of dangerous components. I believe the fia allows F1 teams to replace a damaged tire between qualifying and the race.

Further, if riders are permitted to swap tires on the stage, why can’t they do it in the bivouac? The “marathon/no team assistance” stages are great, but they’ve gotta use some common sense.
It was his call how hard he rode. He can swap tyres with a team mate and take a penalty if he so desires. This is nothing new for the marathon stage.

harleys dad

Reaction

with Prices situation shows just how asinine the ASO is. Tire comes apart he could be hurt bad