Dakar Rally 2 - XBOX

Jordan

tell us a little about the game. 1 or 2 players? race courses or just 1 big dakar course? other options? is it available for any other systems?

racechase01

It is available for XBOX & Gamecube according to the acclaim (http://www.acclaim.com/games/dakar2/) website. It is up to 4 player and there are at least 12 different stages. My son has also started to unlock some special stages. Some of the stages are lap races while others like the Sahara desert are point to point races (kick ass stage). You can race a motorcycles, trucks or Tatra type vehicles. Here are some more details from the website.

FEATURES

Exclusive worldwide rights to the #1 off-road rally race experience, Dakar.

Dakar 2 will also feature unique GPS navigational levels where you must race across the open desert to reach stage checkpoints with nothing to guide you but your GPS!

Fully updated licensed vehicle roster for 2003 - monstrous trucks, hard driving cars and lightning quick motorcycles.

Arcade rally action - Race against the clock and pull off moves that competitors in the real Dakar Rally wouldn't dare try.

All new level of environmental interaction, including crazed spectators, wild animals, dangerous explosives and more.

12 massive interactive environments, including quaint French villas, dense Moroccan forests, vast African deserts and more.

Customizable vehicle types - tweak suspension, tires and more to create the ultimate off road racing machine.

Race altering vehicle damage wreaks havoc on unwitting competitors.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
that game looks awesome, I have played the smuglers run which has a buggy and TT type vehicle, and I own all the rally games on x-box, i cant wait to pick this game up!

elcaprerunner

Any word on it coming out for PC? Also, how long are the stages in miles usually? Like how long are the point to point ones (average)? And how long are the laps in the lap races ( average)? Are they like a big desert type lap or more of a short course sort of thing? This game sounds awesome, if it ever comes out for PC it's mine!

EQuin

I just checked their website, but it didn't say anything about any future availability for PS2. But they have the Dakar Rally 1 game available for PS2, but it's $49.99, not including shipping. Anyone have that one for PS2? Is it worth the money?

gary

nope, not worth it...if ya wanna try it, find it used somewhere, for more like $20. otherwise, i wouldnt recommend it

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
just picked it up for xbox, pretty cool game, seems as realistic as they can get. They have 3 types of behicles, the cars, trucks, and bikes. The cars are the pickup trucks, the trucks are the semis. I played with all 3, the bikes are the fastest, most nimble and dont break as easily. The trucks are pretty quick and handle pretty good, but break easily, you can hit a rock and screwup your suspension or engine in one hit. The semis can make it up the dues the fastest but are the worst to manuver. I ulocked the ford ranger protruck (haha I know it should be a f-150 protruck) The game is pretty realistic, you cant just go balls out and finish, you have suspension damage which affects your allignment, steering damage, which really screws up the tight stages, and the engine damaga, I screwed by engine up so bad I could only go 30mph and that was only half way through the stage. This is what I have noticed so far, it seems like a cool game.

JeffS

Actually, the Ford Protrucks in Dakar are called Rangers. It's a marketing thing I think. .... the game got it right.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
They sell F-150 over there as Rangers and thus why the race truck is called a Ranger. It is a marketing thing.

bajaboy

I have the ps2 version, its horrible !!! The vehicles are pretty cool , but everything else sucks ! If you want to borrow it pm me ! It only cost me $19 at Fry's.

Bajaboy

EQuin

Thanks for offering to loan it to me (just for that, I voted 5 stars for your generosity - lol). But if it's not worth it for the PS2, then I think I'll pass and wait to see if they ever make the 2nd version for PS2. Besides, I'm in Texas, too far from you anyway.

Take it easy, bud,

EQuin

Thanks for the info, Gary. Bajaboy pretty much said the same thing about it, so I guess I'll wait and see if they make the 2nd version for PS2.

Take care,

EQuin

Really? Hopefully they'll decide to sell here soon.