• Forum membership has its advantages....

Dakar the video game...

spalind

So this is coming out shortly...don’t know how good it will be but today they released the list of “playable” racers for it...Brabec, Short and Menzies all made it...

I don’t know about you but my first task in the game will be to see if I can make it farther than Bryce did....I kid!! I kid!!!

DAKAR 18 | Deep Silver

michael_loomis

The app has been out awhile. It’s not very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeff

I think Loomis was being polite.... I think that looks terrible for a modern game. DiRT Rally on PS4 is an older game with what appears to be better game play and graphics than Dakar 18. Probably just another avenue to make a few bucks via the recognizable Dakar name.

Aloha

JayQC

I will definitely check that out, but the physics look a little whacky.

It's fking frustrating because this is exactly what I want from a rally game of that type, and so far nobody seems interested in making one and the ones that do take bad decisions along the way so in the end nobody gets it right.

The only game that ever gave me that feel of starting a real adventure where anything can happen and do it competently is Baja Edge of Control. It's been 10 fking years now.

michael_loomis

I will definitely check that out, but the physics look a little whacky.

It's fking frustrating because this is exactly what I want from a rally game of that type, and so far nobody seems interested in making one and the ones that do take bad decisions along the way so in the end nobody gets it right.

The only game that ever gave me that feel of starting a real adventure where anything can happen and do it competently is Baja Edge of Control. It's been 10 fking years now.
Even Baja was silly handling.

The best 2 off road games ever are the very first Dirt, with the McMillin class 1’s and such, and the OG Soda Off Road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayQC

Baja was great when you set the physics to simulation, but it got weird in the faster vehicles. This issue has been pretty much fixed in the HD version they released last year because they probably assumed (rightly so) that the 2008 physics would be completely ridiculous at 60 frames a second.

I still play it quite a lot, mostly to do Baja 1000s in stock bugs. I like grueling races.

Can't argue with Dirt 1 but the stages are too damn short, even Dirt Rally leaves me wanting longer stages that's why I'm looking forward to Dakar if it turns out reasonable.