• Forum membership has its advantages....

Danica

NicksTrix

pretty sad when you read a news headline that she had her first top 25 finish...that's news?
she's a big media draw and i guess that's a good thing for the sport.

now if she wasn't bringing all the big daddy dollars with her, who would put her in a ride?

Offspring

now if she wasn't bringing all the big daddy dollars with her, who would put her in a ride?
Now-a-days nobody gets a ride on talent, it's all about how much money you gonna bring? Look no further than Ricky Carmichael, out of $, out of a ride.

PWR MAD

Yeah, she ran short of talent on that one, should've just stayed in the in-field and rode it out. She may lose the Godaddy support, the after race show said they were trying to clean up the corporate image and may stop supporting all the "Godaddy Girls".

charlie_brown

she just needs to stop by my place for a week or so and i will give her all the talent that she needs to start placing.

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
What gets to me is how often the cameras are on her, and the announcers say, (ever so nonchalantly, every time): "Danica is out there running laps to gain experience and track time"

WTF? Gaining experience and track time is done in practice sessions, not in a race. She's just not that good. Period.

Put me (or any one of us here for that matter) in a car that's been set up by Chad Knauss and I'll be winning races in no time. Hell, a drunken monkey could run better than Danica.

A Vance

Yeah, she ran short of talent on that one, should've just stayed in the in-field and rode it out. She may lose the Godaddy support, the after race show said they were trying to clean up the corporate image and may stop supporting all the "Godaddy Girls".
They sponsored her to get lots of publicity. Now it's all negative. She is always complaining about everyone else. When in fact it's her. They just need to stop giving her camera time.

Wendell #527

Yea and she doesn't seem to even be that hot any more. Maybe she's already peaked! or maybe we're getting tired of her.

Chris_Wilson

Is her average finish higher than Robby Gordons average cup finish yet?

wheeli

Funny Guy from the North, eh
Honestly I think Danica can drive,the problem lies in her ability to identify how the car is changing as a race progresses,with all the factors that come into play, mainly because the cars are so heavy they are changing every lap. I dont think she or most any woman would be able to tell the chief what the car is doing in such a way that the crew could make the right adjustments,anyone can tell the difference between tight and loose whether your driving or sitting in the stands thats easy,its all the little things you need to do during setup that makes for a fast car that I dont think she knows. Shes good for the sport from a pr point of view but personally she needs to study mechanical engineering before she will ever run top 10 on a oval.

PWR MAD

That's a really good point. When you hear the drivers talking to the crew chiefs, you can understand what they're saying about how the car is handling. When you hear her talk, she often says "I don't know what's wrong". But yeah, still entertaining. She's even mildly entertaining in the Miranda Lambert video of "Fastest Girl In Town" :)

racer56

I could believe that cause her body does resemble a 12 yr old boy and word in the garage is smoke isnt into chicks
Tony is the biggest muff hound in NASCAR