• Forum membership has its advantages....

Danica

mattb

Whos this Daniia chick? We need to dust off Lynn St. James and bring her out of the retirement home.... She was hot!!

(Sarcasm)

Good for Danika. She attractive, but horrible to listen to. I wish it was all based on driving.

racer56

The announcement that Danica is dating Richard Stenhouse Jr., is proof that she loves Dick!

wheeli

Funny Guy from the North, eh
I thought she was married.....and just cause she's dating Stenhouse doesnt mean she loves Dick....she might be dating him because she wants to learn how to drive or wants to be wined and dined or she needs help moving or something maybe Stenhouse is atracted to teenage boys, I could go on all night.

randy s

i've tried and tried but somehow it's just plain impossible for me to give a rats ass about danica...she's an ornament....i don't think she'd much care for me either..in fact i'm sure of it. seriously, i think the only reason she's seeing this homo pavement driver is just to piss her ex old man off to no end..nothing says go f u c k yourself like your ex arm in arm with some youngster with a 24 hour a day hard on...but i will wish danica and them and all others concerned the very best regardless of how little i actually give a chit. i do think she'd be fun if you got her a bit overserved on cheap tequila and talked her into slipping into something more comfortable like her helmet and some kneepads and could figure out more than one way to shut her up......i could go on all night too..

vegasloki

Her soon to be ex is 17 years older than her so any new guy likely to be dating her is going to be younger than the ex. Word in the garage is that Stenhouse is one of the reasons for the divorce.

Regardless, she's still one of the top draws in motorsport. Folks can winge all they like but the fact is money is the fuel of racing and if you do have it, you won't race. And she generates a ton of cash. My wife and I have all girls as does my wife's children and I'm encouraged by how she's drawing young girls into the sport. It's time we see more talented young women involved in motorsport not only driving but owning teams as well. Women like Cory Weller, Johanna Long, the Force sisters and others are setting an example that others can follow. Say what you will about Patrick's driving record though the fact remains she's opened the door for a lot of women to be involved in motorsport and not just stock car racing. Racing has been dominated by old, rich white men for a long time and it's good to see younger persons of color and women start to take a larger role.

wheeli

My knocking Danica was never a generalization to women in motorsports,I love having girls involved and have enjoyed watching some of them kick but over the years at many tracks ive been involved at for over 30 years.MX,quarter midgets,sprint cars and offroad in my neck of the woods all have many women involved that can run up front on a reg basis.Danica may be a marketing dream and good for whatever sport she chooses but that doesnt mean i have to like her,even if she wins a race I wont be impressed,if she wins 5 I may change my mind but we know thats not gonna happen,she would have been better off to stay in Indycar if she wanted to win,nascar requires to much mechanical engineering knowledge by the drivers for her to run up front,I feel she is unable to tell her crew what changes to make as the car changes lap after lap, on the ovals.Racing will continue to be dominated by old rich white guys until further notice.

wheeli

I dont care if Danicas on the pole even though it has a nice ring to it......I predict she gets shuffled to the back by lap 3

Tristar Racing

Loy Allen, Mike Skinner, Jeff Green, and David Gillaland all won the pole for the Daytona 500 over the last 20 years. They combine for a total over ZERO cup wins. All but Loy Allen, however, have wins in the lower tier Nascar series (Nationwide, Trucks); a commonality shared with Danica.

Hype, and nothing more. On the positive side, at least Loy Allen isn't the worst driver to win a 500 pole anymore...

randy s

well, they're halfway through this and she's hangin' tough in 3rd...she has a great car and she's racing smart so far..pretty darn impressive if you ask me...still don't like her much and she's got plenty of time to screw things up, but so far, so good..

_

She's been fortunate to catch two significant tank-slapper episodes. If she does those again late in the race, I think the veterans will use it to their advantage and do away with her at that time.

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
I liked how FOX super'd her identifier at her intro: "pole sitter."

vegasloki

Meanwhile back at the ranch the defending Cup champ causes a semi big one yet the girl is driving a tough race. Those that may be surprised by Patrick's performance in the race have probably not been following her stock car career too closely.

"Don't make me go get my can..."

_

Spotter let her down and she knows it. She may limited light of it in her post race interview, but kept her mouth shut for the most part (unusual for her.) If the spotter would have been on top of the situation, he would have let her know the bottom was coming before they reached her and she could have pulled down in front of them to protect and go with them.

Tristar Racing

Spotter let her down and she knows it. She may limited light of it in her post race interview, but kept her mouth shut for the most part (unusual for her.) If the spotter would have been on top of the situation, he would have let her know the bottom was coming before they reached her and she could have pulled down in front of them to protect and go with them.
It's always someone else's fault, right? ;)

_

your comment makes know sense. Just say what you are saying instead of using an entendre......

Are you implying I"m making excuses for her?
-or-
That Danica always blames someone else for her mistakes?

In this case, while I remain on the fence about Danica's ability to compete at this level, I feel she did an excellent job and may of had a chance to win with a little more forethought and aggressiveness on her's and her spotter's part during the final lap.

Note: I've followed Danica's career since the late 90's when she was competing in shifter-karts. She spent time at many of the same tracks as my son over her karting career. And, I have several friends that have been directly involved with her efforts at many different levels throughout her professional career. So, I have a reasonably good idea of what her true abilities are and are-not. She deserves a lot of praise for her efforts over this past month......!!!