• Forum membership has its advantages....

Danica

randy s

how could anyone not say that she showed some style today..she had a great week and there's no way around it....

Tristar Racing

If by style, you mean she played follow the leader, didn't make too many mistakes, and got passed by 5 cars on the last lap, then yes very stylish... :confused:

your comment makes know sense. Just say what you are saying instead of using an entendre......

Are you implying I"m making excuses for her?
-or-
That Danica always blames someone else for her mistakes?

In this case, while I remain on the fence about Danica's ability to compete at this level, I feel she did an excellent job and may of had a chance to win with a little more forethought and aggressiveness on her's and her spotter's part during the final lap.

Note: I've followed Danica's career since the late 90's when she was competing in shifter-karts. She spent time at many of the same tracks as my son over her karting career. And, I have several friends that have been directly involved with her efforts at many different levels throughout her professional career. So, I have a reasonably good idea of what her true abilities are and are-not. She deserves a lot of praise for her efforts over this past month......!!!
Either way, it's an excuse; right? Plate racing always deserves praise, hell I always thought Loy Allen was a great driver for winning the 1994 500 pole, and who can forget Chad Little's memorizing 7th place finish in the 1998 Daytona 500?

Whats my point? I guess I am a little less excited about her achievements, given the equipment she is in, the hype that surrounds her, and the fact she finished one spot above a team who had a car screwed together by Gene Nead and typically start-and-parks.

Last edited:

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
^^^ You one of those "No t*ts in the pits" types, or did your momma treat you bad? :confused:

Tristar Racing

Why, because I don't jump on the bandwagon?

I don't care if it's a he or a she, if you produce mediocre results in top equipment, you're probably not deserving of the media attention she gets.

Being a chick has it's advantages though, it really opened the door for her ride at Rahal...

But hey, keep buying into the hype. Meanwhile, racers like Katherine Legge and Simona DeSilvestro make do with middle of the road stuff at best, yet they have only won exactly one less Indycar race. Crazy...

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
I see you are quite presumptuous, as well as sarcastic, I hope that works out for you. Good day!

vegasloki

Note: I've followed Danica's career since the late 90's when she was competing in shifter-karts. She spent time at many of the same tracks as my son over her karting career. And, I have several friends that have been directly involved with her efforts at many different levels throughout her professional career. So, I have a reasonably good idea of what her true abilities are and are-not. She deserves a lot of praise for her efforts over this past month......!!!
I take it you've met TJ. ;)

I've raced with some folks that were around when she was in WKA and the feeder open wheel series. As father-daughter they could be quite intense.

wheeli

Funny Guy from the North, eh
she did better than I thought she would,a top 10 at a plate track is respectable for anyone,some history was made which is good for the sport.

tyler93

Her crew chief did come on after the race and said he let her down in pits stops as well as pit selection. She didn't blame him at all. She does have good equipment but she also did better than other people with good equipment. She set 2 records and broke 1. She did really good today, better than I thought she would do.

nohandslance

She is the only reason I will tune into the races and get updates, now that RG is no longer a full time entry.

sb4pro

Here's 6 women / girls who are all just as talented drivers than Danica ( if not more ) , yet she gets all the spotlight cause they race OFFROAD instead of getting the publicity that NASCAR or Indy Cars offer .

image.jpg Corry Weller

image.jpg Jessi Combs

image.jpg Bailey Campbell

image.jpg Charlene Bower

image.jpg Heidi Steele

image.jpg Jessica McMillin

And I'm positive I've left a few others out ( sorry girls ) . In my opinion any of these girls could do just as good
( if not better ) than Danica if just given the same chances as she got .