Danny Ebberts, Scott Schovajsa & the S.S. Racing team race recap

SEANY

Reaction
What a weekend!!! I would like to start by saying this was a great race, the crew of people at Lucas Oil put on one heck of a show against all odds. They made the weekend so fun and I cannot wait for rounds three and four, neither can our drivers Scott Schovajsa and Danny Ebberts.

Scott was eager to get behind the wheel of his brand new RPS/ Danny Ebberts built pro two and show the short course world what he can do. Last season was a learning experience for Scott and with many hours behind the wheel of his class one desert car and a season of short course under his belt he was ready to go. Saturday Scott had some bad luck with a flat tire and ended finish 9th. He came out and raced the pro-2/4 race were he was able to get into a groove and finish 2nd in class. Sunday would be a completely different story for Scott. He had a solid qualifying run but the field was inverted putting Scott to the back of the pack. After the first turn Scott found himself 12th place, He spun the truck out in the second corner and was behind by a lot. Despite the bad start Scott drove his way back threw the field and in to the third position, he was gaining ground on Jerry Whelchel when Whelchel lost it in the sweeper and Scott over took second place with leader Carl Renezeder in his sights. He was gaining on Carl but there just wasn't enough laps left for Scott and he had to settle for a solid second place finish.

Danny Started the weekend out on a good note by qualifying his pro-2 in the fourth spot. He found himself running in 3rd for most of the race, Battling with Robby Woods would result in a broken hood mount. The hood blew up into Danny's view, Jeff Goorski (Spotter) navigated Danny around the track until the hood blew completely off the truck. By then Danny was too far behind to catch up and with only a couple laps left Danny could only fight his way back to 7th. Danny woke up sunday ready to go, he would led the first 3 laps before being overtaken by Carl Renezeder. Danny ran a great race but the truck lost forward bite in the middle of the race resulting in a respectable 5th place finish. Danny came out and raced the Pro-2/4 race and fought his way to a 3rd place finish in class.

S.S. Racing would like to thank every one at Locus Oil for putting on a great weekend of racing. They would also like to thanks there sponsors:
S.S. CONSTRUCTORS
DANNY EBBERTS RACE PREP
ZLTMXID.COM
KMC WHEELS
KING SHOCKS
GOODYEAR TIRES
RINGERS GLOVES
CALIFORNIA WELDING AND TOOL SUPPLY
JEFF GOORSKIS SNAP ON TOOLS
TWO85MEDIA
NORCOTIRES.COM

We will see you in Arizona

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
danny and scott were DEFINITELY over looked by many this last weekend...

Seany, Nick being the jerk that that he is (jk nick) he didnt introduce me while we were standing there talking to you, that was me with Nick... :) so ya good to meet you and its good to see one of the smaller race teams up on the podium!! CONGRATS !!

is danny going to be racing scotts car for the rest of the season??.. and what title sponsor (if any) do they have or do they just run under "scott schovajsa motorsports"?

see ya at the next race!!...
adam

ps... might wanna watermark those photos before MO gets his hands on them... cause you know he will...

G Goorsky

Reaction
I still can not believe Scott got 2nd freakin place. Whooooohooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! It definetly makes those late nites at the shop worth it.

Reaction
Congratulations to both Scott and Danny. Jeff and I only wish we were there too!. It was one thing for Jeff and Garrett to miss their cousins wedding but another for uncle Jeff and aunt Cyndi. However, we will make the trip to Surprise.

BTW Seany~ it's GOORSKY as in Jeff Goorsky Snap-On Tools;)

SEANY

Reaction
danny and scott were DEFINITELY over looked by many this last weekend...

Seany, Nick being the jerk that that he is (jk nick) he didnt introduce me while we were standing there talking to you, that was me with Nick... :) so ya good to meet you and its good to see one of the smaller race teams up on the podium!! CONGRATS !!

is danny going to be racing scotts car for the rest of the season??.. and what title sponsor (if any) do they have or do they just run under "scott schovajsa motorsports"?

see ya at the next race!!...
adam

ps... might wanna watermark those photos before MO gets his hands on them... cause you know he will...

haha well it was great to meet you also, you going to be at the next race??

As for Danny driving the rest of the season thats kinda up in the air right now. We are meeting with people this week to try and lock down a title sponsor. We run under S.S. Racing with S.S. Constructors and Danny Ebberts Race Prep as our title sponsors

Congratulations to both Scott and Danny. Jeff and I only wish we were there too!. It was one thing for Jeff and Garrett to miss their cousins wedding but another for uncle Jeff and aunt Cyndi. However, we will make the trip to Surprise.

BTW Seany~ it's GOORSKY as in Jeff Goorsky Snap-On Tools;)

I cannot wait for the next race. I know I spell it that way because he told me a story about someone making fun of his big feet, they called them his "GOOR-SKI'S" eheheh I will be sure and fix it when I post about our win in Arizona :D:cool::):D

Congratulations

Thanks for all the gear, I hope we can continue to grow our relationship with you guys. I will post pics up later this week.

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl
Reaction
Nice work guys, I noticed both your trucks running strong at the front both days. Hate to break the bad news to you but that podium is an addiction, once you've had it you only want more. The good news is, its a healthy addiction.
Rob

JENN

"Pinky Poodle"
Reaction
Great job guys! It was nice to see ya Seany!~

Tony C

Reaction
Congrats to Scott and Danny on a solid weekend . Nice work Danny building Scott's new truck and finishing 2nd .
Good luck to the SS team in AZ.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
haha well it was great to meet you also, you going to be at the next race??

i plan on it, i will be out there with Totally Off-Road radio.... we'll have to get danny or scott up in the booth for an interview or somethin.. :)