danny thompson 450mph

brad inch

Reaction
danny went over 450mph a bonnevillie this weekend,in his dad 1960,s car,dam cool, i was not sure were to post this.

cubed

Reaction
I translated this for the English speakers.
Off road legend Mickey Thompson's son Danny just resurrected one of Mickey's streamliners that was built in 1968 and never raced, he refitted it with 2 modern blown alcohol Hemis and set the piston powered wheel driven land speed record at just under 450 mph.

bajaherbie

Reaction
A few days ago I watched "Strange Inheritance", a show about the weird stuff that people inherit. Danny was interviewed about the car and the story behind it. He mentioned him trying to go 450+ mph also. I think the show may have a rerun, not sure.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

y2kbaja

Reaction
There is an in-car of him turning lock to lock at speeds. No thanks.

y2kbaja

Reaction

Phoenix0783

Reaction
Off road legend Mickey Thompson's son Danny just resurrected one of Mickey's streamliners that was built in 1968 and never raced, he refitted it with 2 modern blown alcohol Hemis and set the piston powered wheel driven land speed record at just under 450 mph.
They're naturally aspirated. Nitro/methonal mix.

bajaherbie

Reaction
Is it still Ford powered?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Reaction
his 450mph pass video here..

Josh 8

Reaction
There is a lot of driving going on in that video.

I am suprise to see that he is not using hand tethers. I guess they could be down around his elbows.

Last edited:

Chris Tobin

Reaction
THAT is NUTS!!!!!!!!

Dave_G

Reaction
It's nice to see that Danny has come a long way in driving skill. Most people don't know this but back in the early 80's he tried his hand at short course racing with Enduro Racing and got fired by Dick L. because he couldn't drive his way out of a paper bag. I remember Mickey sure was PO'd about that and saw him chew out Dick at one of the races because of it.:eek:

Congrats to Danny on this big accomplishment!!