**danzio video** fire fire fire!!!!!!!!!!

SO with all the fires lately, I decided we needed to pull the fire system to see what happens!!! We have a 10 pound bottle fire system. The bottle was filled and the lines were all blown out.

Check it out!!!!! Let me know if its good or if ole Sheila would be burning to the ground!!!

Sorry no sound. We suck at video production.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1bk0aShLMo"]YouTube - Danzio Class 1 Fire test[/ame]

Jerry Zaiden

SO with all the fires lately, I decided we needed to pull the fire system to see what happens!!! We have a 10 pound bottle fire system. The bottle was filled and the lines were all blown out.

Check it out!!!!! Let me know if its good or if ole Sheila would be burning to the ground!!!

Sorry no sound. We suck at video production.

YouTube - Danzio Class 1 Fire test
How long has that system been in the car? Whens the last time it has been recharged, and what brand system is that?

frankh

I have put them on both of my cars since I got them. The old lothringer and the hms car (not the one that just burn down). When I put them in I did not think they would save the car. I was looking for a system to give the driver and rider time to get out safely.

Looking at your video I think your system would do that , Buy you time to get out but don't think it would help the car much

Hope you never have to use it.

Josh_Westwood

I raced half a season in my friends truck before we realized that the main line from the Flame out bottle was broken and full of dirt, we quickly fixed that! After recent events, I'm planning on adding EXTRA fire protection to my truck.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
You're car is taking a leak. Might want to fix that.

3G RACING

I Thought a fire supression system would have more pressure so that the extinguisher would cover more area?
Also, what type of extinguishing fluid are you guys using?

racer56

It looks like you have to many nozzles for that size system.

Bajades

Josh,

towards the end of the video it looks like extinguisher went from a dribble to an actual decent spray. What changed? Sure looked like it was clogged somewhere upstream of all your nozzles. Wouldn't want to bet my life on that! I'm thinking that Sheila would look like another shrimp on the Bar-B!:mad:

Dezertpilot

I was thinking that the spray pattern would be like 10x that amount.

Pee Wee

I guess I don't even know what I have in my Jeep.
I thought if I pulled the knob white powder would go everywhere like at NASCAR.
Some research is in order.

I'm not gonna say who the manufacturer is. Please don't post it if you know. I don't want to bad mouth the manufacturer.

This is after the Primm 300. As part of our prep the lines and nozzles are blown out. The bottle is about a year and a half old. It has a gauge on it that says if the charge is good or not. It said it was fully charged. It has 4 nozzles which is what came with the system.

I planned on recharging it anyway, and the car is getting tore down to the chassis for the Baja 1000 prep, so I thought I'd pull it.

This system is in race condition. Meaning, this is how it would have went if I pulled it at Primm. It went for a minute and a half. If there was a clog, it happened at the race.

Bajades

I'm wondering if anyone out there has ever had one of these systems put a fire out, or if their only value is buying you a few extra seconds to get out of the car to watch it burn.

My understanding is that the Halon systems (which seem to be disappearing) buy you time to get out, but are no good at actually extinguishing an oil fire. The foam system may have a chance against an oil fire, but it sure doesn't look like there is enough volume from these systems to successfully extinguish a fire. I'm also curious to what if any is the difference between and AFFF system and a "Cold Fire" product. All these recent fires are freaking me out. We need an "expert" to chime in with real experience.

Cronus

I'm not gonna say who the manufacturer is. Please don't post it if you know. I don't want to bad mouth the manufacturer.
QUOTE]

I can understand your hesitation to name the manufacturer. But there are three possibilities here:

1. Improper installation
2. Improper maintenance
3. A design or manufacturing defect

Only in case #3 would the manufacturer be at fault. And if there is a design or manufacturing defect in a system that's being used out there, the continued use of that system could lead to serious injury or death. So I'd respectfully ask that you reconsider whether you'll let us know who the manufacturer is, since lives are literally at stake.

By the way, there's a fourth possibility, which is that the system was functioning as the manufacturer expected. In that case, I hope the system in our car is not from that manufacturer!

If you still don't want to say who made the system, can you please send them the video to get their explanation of what went wrong and share their answer with us? I'm sure they would be anxious to figure out the problem.

Thanks for considering.

PAB

40's rock!
Fire is one bad mother. Scares me like no other.

After being on fire at the 1000 in 08 we have upgraded our system by adding more and larger extinguishers. We are now in the process of adding a secondary flame out system.

In the #16 we currently have a 10 gallon halon system. We have 3 extinguishers, one on each side on the down bar behind the cab, they used to be 2.5 gallons and now they are 5 gallons. We also have one between the drivers that is a 2.5 gallon.

When the 1000 rolls around we will have an additional flame out system installed with a 5 gallon ESS foam system. Additionally we are trying to add another large extinguisher on the truck.