Daugherty Racings LOORRS update

DaughertyRacing

Reaction
This weekend was nothing short of exciting for the Daugherty Racing team! First off we would like to thank Lucas oil and the Vanillos for putting together a fun and exciting series to race. We would like to thank Lucas Oil,E3 spark plugs, Super clean, K&N air filters and Racin' Dirty Apperal for their help and support at the track . Jack and Doug with Goodyear came on board in a big way to support our team for the 2009 racing season! They gave us a great tire, who would have thought a unlimited-4 would win on DOT tires!
Fridays Practice sessions for the #23 Unlimited-4 gave Jerry his first laps on the new Goodyear tires and he we were very pleased with the results his times were consistent and the tires held up well. I was looking forward to getting back on the track my #17 Ford Unlimited lite with a new Esslinger power plant to prove i can run with the big boys! Unfortunately the weather put a halt to the second half of practice and cancelling the rest of the days track time.
Saturday the weather was almost perfect, the trucks were ready for action and both Jerry and I were ready to hit the track, Jerry had ran a good couple qualifying laps and with the inversion ended up on the front row! I had developed a issue with the motor and did not have full power and only qualified 10th. For the Unlimited lite race I started on the outside 5th row, with the drop of the green flag the truck was not right. The motor was missing and had no power. After 3 laps of fighting with the truck and spinning in turn 2 I was pulled off of the track. Once we had gotten the truck back to the pits we discovered race fuel in the oil, and without having a back up motor put an end to the weekend for the #17 ford Unlimited lite. The Unlimited -4 race got off to great start with Jerry on the front row next to Kent Brasho a great competitor! Jerry kept himself in contention until lap 15 whan he caught a rut in turn two rolling the truck, but this did not stop him before he had all four goodyear tires back on the ground he was back on the gas not losing a single position! Unfortunitly the roll over eventually got the best of the truck and with a broken lower arm Jerry had to pull off and settle for 8th place. There was enough damage on the #23 Chevy Unlimited-4 that crew chief Tim Fosha made the call to drive back to the race shop in Henderson and get the back up truck. Some minor prep work and the truck was ready to go.
Sunday morning Jerry was ready to go and so was the #23 unlimited-4 chevrolet. Jerry qualified 4th and again there was a 2 row inversion so Jerry once again got the start on the outside front row! Jerry kept the leaders in sight the entire race and once the opportunity arose Jerry moved into first place holding off a hard charging Rodrigo Ampudia for the win!
We would like to thank the Daugherty Racing crew of guys they did a great job all weekend long making sure that when the trucks hit the tracks they were dialed in! Tim Fosha kept both Jerry and I focused on our goal of charging to the front and taking the checkered flag! And the Back up #23 Unlimited- 4 that was built and prepped by Todd Salazar of Daugherty Racing will no longer be considered the back up truck!

Thanks again to all that support our race team! This could not be done without you!
We will see you in Arizona!!!!

Nash!

Reaction
Hey Aaron,

Congrats! Pops looked awesome, what a confidence builder... I enjoyed that one, it's always an extra special race when it's won on tires that we grooved. See you in AZ.:D

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction
Congrats Jerry and Team Daugherty! It was great listening to your WIN:)
Good Luck and see you at the track.

DaughertyRacing

Reaction
Thanks to everyone for the support!! We cannot forget Bill schlieper with Pro-Power he has supplied Daugherty Racing with very reliable motors with huge amounts of horse power! Mastercraft seats and MSD ignitions keep us safe in the trucks and the motors running strong!!:D