David Bills Memorial Fund Established

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
The mechanisms to contribute to the David Bills Memorial Fund are being setup.

The proceeds will be used to help the family pay for all transportation costs of the body to Utah and all funeral/burial/cremation expenses. Immediate donations can be made via PayPal to the email address of davidbillsmf@cox.net. http://www.off-road.com/davidbills.html.

PJCinLV
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by klaus on 03/18/03 09:12 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

Attachments

Flatline8

Reaction
First, I would like to thank the RDZ guys for giving us a second venue and allowing us the ability to reach out to the off-road community and allow us to make a difference in David's family time of need.

Second, I would also like to thank Pat and his team at ORC for their enormous support and contributions thus far.

Third, I wanted to update all of you on the status of the fundraising. As of a few minutes ago we were at the $986 mark. With a huge contribution from one party.

Please take the time to see if there is anything you can contribute. Every little bit will help the family with the expenses they have ahead. It will cost over $800 just to bring David across the border.

I spoke with David's dad this evening...I can't begin to tell you how much pain he is in but also how grateful he is for all your support thus far...please keep it coming. As of this time his family is working on bringing him back.

I will keep you updated to the best of my ability.
Regards,
George Lara

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
George,

Thanks for keeping us informed.

I never had a chance to meet David in person, but his loss is a loss in my family as we are a tight unique group that shares a common interest.

I would like to invite everyone to share their feelings with David Bills family in this forum.

If there is a mailing address (postal mail) we can send our condolences to, please someone post it here.

frankh

Reaction
I can't believe as a group we can not do better then 900 bucks. there are almost 2,000 users just on this board. even if it just a buck it will help.

on a side not for those that travel a lot check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.skymed.com>http://www.skymed.com</A>

Flatline8

Reaction
Klaus,

The mailing address (postal mail) to send your condolences is:

Mike and Marti Bills
5725 North 1070 West
St. George, UT 84770

I should receive via fax all the Downey Savings Bank account information this evening so you can have another avenue to make your donations.

We are up to $1600, but a majority is from two donors.

Please contribute …everything and anything counts...and is needed

And let's work to make this the last time we have to deal with something this tragic again.

Regards,
George

DG_BTI

Reaction
Come on everybody, David lost his life doing what we all love, he's one of us. If there was ever a time in your life to take five minutes and even five bucks, it's now. Let's not embarrass ourselves. We all spend "thousands" of dollars to do what we love and we're up to $1600 for the tragic loss of one our own? Please pass on your value meal today and donate it to a family in despair and be proud to help our own.

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
Good point, if everyone didn't go out to lunch one day and donated that it would make a big difference.

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

sweetdevil

Reaction
I donated $25, I know it's not a lot, but if we can all spare something similar, it will make a difference... I really love being able to gather and have fun in Mexico, and appreciate all of those racers that put thier time & money (and even risk thier safety) to entertain us spectators...

<font color=red>Heaven Doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over</font color=red>

Flatline8

Reaction
Update:

1. David is back in the US, his family is trying to make arrangements for a memorial service in San Diego probably for Saturday. I will post once I receive confirmation.

2. Fundraising efforts: $2,629 at this time.
A special round of applause to those who has taken the time to donate, every penny counts. Special props to F.A.I.R. for their generous contribution.

Below are two new ways to make your small donations to this tragic event.

Deposits by mail: (Check or Money Orders)

Downey Savings
659 East Palomar St.
Chula Vista, CA 91911
Payable to: David Bills Memorial Fund

Electronic Funds Transfers

Corp Address: Downey Savings
3501 Jamboree Rd.
Newport Beach, CA 92658-6000
Account #: 8580007490
Routing #: 322270356

Web Site: downeysavings.com--for more information regarding EFT

Thank you very much for your continued support
George

Desert_Roller

Reaction
George, last night at our meeting we started off with a moment of silence in David's memory. We then took a vote and put out the donation can. I am very proud of our members, they are a great group of people.

Tom Sobray
F.A.I.R. President

George_Lara

Reaction
I would just like to take a minute of your time to let everyone know that there will be a Celebration of Life Memorial Service for David Bills.

They will take place today and Saturday:

Greenwood Memorial Park & Mortuary
4300 Imperial Ave
San Diego, CA 92113-1900
Phone: (619) 264-3131

Off the 805 freeway

Today's celebration will take place from 4pm to 8pm

Saturdays service will be at the Sally Lynn Chapel starting at 2:00pm at Greenwood as well.

Everyone is invited

Fundraising update. We are at $2,836 at this time on the Pay Pal account. I will receive an update from Downey Savings on Monday, and I will keep everyone posted. Many people have asked what our fundraising goal is. My personal goal is $5,000 from the off-road community. This amount should cover most of the expenses related to bringing David back ($1,400) and the other burial expenses here in the US. Today is payday for many people. $5.00 to 10.00 will really help.... Once again thanks to all who have already taken time to donate to this cause.

God Bless our Troops!
George

Dillon

Reaction
I just referred the ORC page to TTORA (huge Toyota Tacoma club), hopefully this helps you all out.

George_Lara

Reaction
Hey Everyone...

I just wanted to update you on the fund raising efforts...I know it's been a while, but I've been waiting on information from Downey. Since I'm not on the account I could not get information by calling Downey.
But I did learn today from a source that there is approximately $2,500 in that account.

We have also raised $3,685 on the PayPal account.

So... we have raised approximately $6,185.00 WOW !!!!

A big round of applause to each and everyone who has contributed to this cause.

It just goes to show you how lucky we all are to be part of this Off-Road community.

Keep up the Great Work!
George

P.S.
A special thanks to N2S Racing / Motion Tire Motorsports, and SMD Motorsports for their generous contributions!!!