Davis Motorsports Ranger

dave

Reaction
Here's a few pic's of the model I'm doing for Davis Motorsports class 7's Ranger .

Attachments

• 24-23512-Mvc-008s.jpg
    24-23512-Mvc-008s.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 153

dave

Reaction
This is a face lift I gave the Chevy .I changed the bumped and added the light bar.

Attachments

• 24-23515-Mvc-004s.jpg
    24-23515-Mvc-004s.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 155

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
looks good dave not that I could ever build one I was just wonder what material you use for the fake tubing and how do you bend it to make it so clean...

dave

Reaction

I'll look into the General for you Fish.

Mike , i use a product made my plastruct www.plastruct.com they have a ton of plastic model making stuff to pick from.
I do all the bending by hand and eye.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Where do you get the tires and all the small miscellaneous parts that make it look so real? For example the back of the cab has the ridges and grooves that real trucks have. How do you make those? Your work is superb!

See ya in the dirt!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Looks good. Thats about how the truck looks in the shop right now...stripped.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

dave

Reaction
Most of all the parts i use are from other model kits like the lights , tires wheels, seats .
All the cage work as well as the suspension , shocks , coilovers , fenders, a-arms , beams, 3/4links and what have you i make them out of scratch. The body lines and that kind of stuff come on the basic model kits.
The model kits or scale i use is 1/24th scale i like this scale do to the amount of parts/kits that are made in this scale ..... rally car model kits become your best friend when making any off road model
do to the detailed parts that comes in the kit.
Model's like TT's,protrucks,rails, and buggies on the other hand are all scratch built.

Tyson

Reaction
I wanted to build a model of my truck and try and make it look good (so not even a third the quality of yours) but they don't (or at least I couldn't find) a basic model kit of my truck. Ever see a '94 Toyota pick up single cab at any of the model palce you go to? If so let me know por favor I'd be stoked.

Tyson

Look at me, I can fly

Check It</font color=red>

dave

Reaction
One thing you need to keep in mind is you can only make what is put out by the manufactures.
Yes they did make a Toyota a few years ago not sure of the year you kind of have to use what they make ( year wise ), Lindberg was the company that made it I believe ?
It was a green 4x4 in 1/20th scale .I think i've seen it on e-bay for sale . Back in the late 70's and early
80's the model companys made a few off road model's one was a Chevy step side with trailer and it
came with a single seat buggy ,i've seen that kit for sale on e-bay as well as some other old desert
style model trucks/kits.
Good luck with the model if you need any help or have any questions just let me know.

dave

Reaction
Ok Fish I think this is as close as you can get to a model .It's on E-bay under toys/crafts/r/c cars
type in mazda model.

Attachments

• 24-23734-i-1.jpg
    24-23734-i-1.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 146