• Forum membership has its advantages....

Davis Motorsports??

blazersracing

Does anyone know what happened to the Davis Motorsports Class 7s truck in the Primm 300? I know that he was running a new Esslinger motor, but I havent heard anything about what happened on race-day.

Also, did anyone hear about the Collins Motorsports Pro-truck that rolled at V to R? What caused the roll-over and where did it happen?

I noticed on the map and on the Off-road.com videos that Casey ran backwards over the same jump that claimed Turner, Weyrich and McGillivary. Did that jump get a lot of spectators and media attention?

Eric_Record

#1255 Alan Pflueger got into it with the protruck #1222 of John Becker, they were racing sided by side on two parallel race lines on the course near Armagosa, the two lines narrowed down to one and they both raced door to door to get in front on that one line. the two trucks made contact and Alan barrelrolled hard 4 times. both driver and co-dog Tom Franczak were fine. besides loosing every single piece of body work, the truck only suffered moderate damage. some of the roof cage collapsed on the co-dog side and the rt-front wheel assy and related parts were mangled. photos to follow.

E

Go Desert Productions ~~~~~~~~~~ <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.go-desert.com>http://www.go-desert.com</A>

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
The motor took a shitt at mile 8. It was built by Hammes Bros.Racing. I guess it couldn't handle the lake bed. We got $500 for first truck out in class 7s.

Brian and Keith, you guys should have came to pit B and got some footage it was a blast. Are you going to be at the Barstow cleanup? How about Pete's Camp Poker run?

Kris

When in doubt, GAS IT!

RacnCPA

Kevin Davis is not the only 7s that suffered engine problems at the Mini Metal Bash. There were two other vehicles and everyone was quite upset. Let's hope this problem is solved once and for all. Davis and Landfield (another motor victim) had a good chance at Primm. BIG BUMMER for the team(s).

Sc

Need to get those big motors out of 7s. SCORE really screwed up allowong the bigger motor. Only a few can afford those motors. If you want to race those motors, go race Turner in 7 open and leave the little guys alone. All 7s guys should get together and vote it back to 3.0. Example, the S7S truck was battleing with Turner at Vegas to Reno, granted Lewis was driving, but look what that motor can do, 7s guys dont have a chance.

robert_encinas

i dont think it needs to go back to a 3 liter, but the class is a stock class . i think they need to mandate motor mods. our truck(baja shop) has a cam,a mild port- polish job, and a K-N intake thats all we could really aford. the S&S truck i heard runs the 90 deg. grand national motor(just hearsay, i have no facts to back this up) compared to trhe HAAS truck which i also heard runs a 4 cylinder Esslinger motor built to 2800cc (again just hearsay)these guys have a ton of money in these motors that most of us cant begin to come close to.and i think the front suspensions also need to be looked at again, some of the trucks i saw had coil over shocks and some trucks were pretty wide in the front.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Its harder to keep people honest when it comes to motor mods but when it comes to engine limits, it is a little more obvious. The S&S truck I hear has around 450 HP's and I hear what your saying about checking the width on some of the trucks. It's odd how some trucks can run 7s one weekend and then run 7 open the next!As for the Esslinger 4 banger I think that is legitimate. If you can pack that much power into a 4 cylinder then I am all for it regardless of cost.

Kris

When in doubt, GAS IT!

What's wrong with 450HP when they are within the rules? It's a good thing that SCORE adapted to the new engine rule because some of the 7S guys were noticing stock mini's passing them on the smooth sections. And it costs less money to make power out of a 6 cylinder than the 4 cylinders that were being used in 7S before. Like Joe Custer's truck. Also, if you feel that strongly about the S&S truck why don't you go protest them? Those plated stock arms are looking very illegal.

DMSRACE

Quick prerunner first off, fill out your bio before you start talking. Cory & Doug (S&S) are good friends of mine, but have you ever looked closly at a set of stock S-10 arms? I think not. I have and they are not quite the same, Hardins have same style arms. But they still have 12" of travel. I am not saying they are illegal, but they are not STOCK! We are working on the rules right now- Doug, myself, Darren York, Javier Sacio are working to get the most level playing field we can for THE WHOLE CLASS! I know of 9 guys in 7s that have big motors that want to run. So if any of you guys have any good ideas on how WE should do this, please let me know. Yes we lost our 2.8 L v-6 motor 8 miles into Primm. *%[email protected] happens. We will be racing again. A big motor does not do any good if they can't drive it and don't prep it. To anybody that would like to talk about 7s, Doug and myself will be at the Off Road Expo for sure.

Racer

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Just for the record Hammes Bros build realy bitchen motors, and they are realy nice guys. They had two other motors in the race besides the 7s trucks,and they were pro trucks witch I think finished 1,2.
On the motor rules for Score if they let the Chevy guys go with the 4.3 , everybody shouldn't even show up. It would be a waste of time and money. You would have to wish for them to break. That extra horse power makes a big difference, everywhere. The idea of the bigger motor came for the chevy guys, it is so called supposed to be cheaper to build. Esslinger 3.0's kick ass , but those are also spendy 15,000 to 20,000 dollars per motor. And I agree with everybody else on the 7s trucks to much motor, to little truck. S&S guys I've heard but not for sure that Jeff Lewis preps the truck. So ther for he knows how the truck works because he helped build, he drove the truck for x number of years, So he knows the truck better than anyone in the sport besides Jerry . I have pictures of that truck when they were out driving it after it was built. So good job Jeff you are the man, They could not stand up to turner without you. Granted turners was having a good flawless day.

Peace out.........

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
I am not talking, crap the S&S guys are cool. And they can drive. Jeff just knows what the truck can do, through anything. The S&S guys could put a fight as anybody else with a fair playing ground. Fords rule...No harm just fun...

Peace out.......

JCA

Kevin, my family and I will be at the expo on Sat. We will be looking for you guys. You can fill me in on what is going on with the motor rule. See you guys then.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing

firedog

I sure wish that the governing bodies would keep the racers informed on upcoming rule changes. I remember when the engine size was bumped up to 4.3, about 2 weeks before Laughlin. It sure is hard to get a bitchen 6 cyl. engine built, installed, and tested in that amount of time unless you've got a-lot of $$$ and resources. Kevin please keep us informed on the rule changes you are working on, I'm all for an even playing field. God Bless America!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
i was not talking trash about Hammes Bros. engines, but from what when on out there in Primm I wasnt impressed. Three 7s trucks out for catastrophic engine problems from Hammes Bros Engines! Dwayne seemed to be a good guy, I pitted right next to him. I just think a little more attention needed to be payed towards theses smaller engines while being built. Just cause they are not 800 hp monsters doesnt mean they should be neglected.

Kris

When in doubt, GAS IT!

Hey first off, sorry I didn't make my sarcasim clear. I know S&S pretty well too. I made my earlier post because of people whining about the truck. And yes I have seen a stock set of S-10 arms. Have you seen the pics of the MacPherson control arms in progress? There is a stock arm under all that plating. I just thought it'd be pretty funny for one of the cry babies to actually protest S&S and watch their faces when the pics came out. I just hate it when people start whining about someones truck when all they have to do is go and make one just like it or make it better. There is nothing mystical about the MacPherson trucks, just alot of time was put into making them and also a talented team of fabricators. Anyway hope this clears things up for you.

Mike

singlehanded

I believe that s&s was putting out 415 hp when they tested it. Ya, thats a lot for a stock class but they didn't run away with it at primm 2nd and 3rd were very close. I think they didn't have much problems during the race other than a loose cooling line. So really even a flat could of caused them first place. Does anyone know how much hp colemans and stuart trucks had, each were only about 10 minutes off each others time.

local

DMSRACE

S&S have 363 hp from what Doug told me. He said they have the dyno sheets to back it up. Lewis does help prep it so they do have an edge on the truck. Lewis also preps Hardins truck, which should now have a Schaffer (sp) built 4.3.

Racer