Day 2 at Crandon

17fan

Reaction
Day 2 at Crandon brought another great day of racing to WI. In Pro Lite, the initial start was red flagged after Huseman rolled a number of times in turn one at the front of the field. After the restart it was Kincaid leading all the way with Hord coming in second. In Pro 4 Douglas had built up a lead until he caught the berm in the finish line turn losing a wheel in the process. This allowed LeDuc to take over first with Brascho taking second. In Pro-2 Renezeder pulled the hole shot and ran away from the rest of the field with Taylor finishing 2nd. The Borg-Warner Cup provided a lot of excitement late in the afternoon. Renezeder had to run the Pro-2 after breaking a crank in the pro4 race. Out of the top 5 2 wheel drive trucks Renezeder pulled the hole shot again with Taylor close behind and the pro4s coming fast. After 5 laps Taylor got around Renezeder who had the challenge of holding off the pro4's of LeDuc and Greaves. LeDuc got around Renezeder until the finish line turn where Renezeder got into the back of LeDuc taking off his rear bumper retiring both of the them from the race. Taylor had a bit of a lead over Greaves who was tracking him down. Ultimately, a flat right rear on Greaves truck allowed to Taylor to take the Cup. All in all it was another great day, if you didn't make it this year, make plans for next year.

17fan

Reaction
McCrossan had finishes of 5th and 10th this weekend, he seemed a little off on his setup an down on power. He looked pretty good at Bark River earlier this year though. Heynan ran pretty good this weekend although I don't have his exact finishing places. I think he was in the top ten for both races.

offroadaction

Reaction
Thanks for the reply. After finishing second in points last year, Heynon seems to be having a rough year. I talked to Steve McCrossan not to long before the race and he said he is running midpack, but having the time of his life.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://offroadaction.8k.com>Off Road Action</A>
Canada's Largest Off Road Racing Site

RacrDude

Reaction
Does anyone have the Protruck results?? How did Jimmy Knuckles finish?? Thanks...

Billy_the_Kid

Reaction
I'm pretty sure Knuckles won his race on Sat. not sure about Sun. I do know there was a really big wreck on Sunday between the Rick Johnson team trucks. Busted them both up pretty bad, in fact the fuel cell and spare tire came flying right out of the one truck. Not good.

The Pro Trucks weren't as fast as everybody expected them to be. We were actually 5 sec. a lap faster in qualifying for the Borg Warner race in our Stock Truck with a 2-barrel and a restrictor plate. It looked like they were all setup way soft, but I suppose when your going a 1000 miles in the desert, soft is better.

Bill Schmitt