Daytona 500

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
RG is in the second row !!!

Qualified 3rd. Can't wait for the race, should be fun to watch.

btshannon

Reaction
...and the odds makers still have him at 50 to 1 to win. Five bucks will get you $250 if he wins. I've already placed my bet. I just hope that he drives like he did Thursday!

My own taste for the hops is very powerful, and I had no intention of spending a beerless weekend...

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
The race was called due to rain...Michael Walltrip is the winner.

RG finished 6th.

desertratt

Reaction
so am i! i had 20 bucks on rg. would have netted me 360$

drive fast and take chances!!

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
sux.. I am glad I didn't travel to Daytona to watch it in person....

#48 Jimmy did awesome and almost won.

martininsocal

Reaction
Did they go half way? I had to leave during the first rain delay and everytime I saw it, they were still rained delayed.

If your gonna go, go BIG

dunerking

Reaction
What is the deal with Dale jr having alt. problems,seems like a little of the Earnhardt curse.Jimmie #48 taking third place was pretty strong,along with Roberto Gordon #31 finishing in the number 6 position.Cheers all around!But Earnhardt finishing 36 place hurt my average on my yahoo fantasy nascar team.

hit it hard

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I think that they should make those pansies run in the rain! F1 cars do it! Good to see some old "dez-boys" mixing it up with the leaders.

See ya in the dirt!

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
Robby also started having battery problems right before the last red flag, so I guess he could've done worse than 6th. Now, if they would make them run in the rain, I think RG would kick much ass.

DVMchase

Reaction
Jrsyko,
I work for goodyear race tires, nascar DOES race in the rain, they just dont race in the rain on superspeedways they are just going to fast.Also some tracks they will not race in the rain because they have not made a tire for that track yet. Two or three years ago at Sonoma they practiced and qualified in the rain but race day the sun was out. The rain tires look just like F1 rain but they are not as wide.

There's no substitute for horsepower!!