Daytona

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Where would be a good place to watch the Daytona 500 ? (other then your livingroom...)

They used to have this place in Newport called Speedzone or something like that. It was an all out race them place...huge displays and every motorsport there is on all the time. The bar stools are eibach springs etc.

Any other place in OC like that ? I hate to go to bars and watch 2 basketball, hockey and footbal games when there is 10 forms of motorsports on.

evan_clanin

Reaction
if your good and close *like i am* u just acctually go to the race

Can blind people be dyslexic when they read Braille?

JasonHutter

Reaction
Hey Klaus, I remember that place. It was down on PCH and was called Speedway. I still have a collared shirt from there.

Jason

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
They used to have one side of Scott's (PCI) 7s body hanging on the back wall. That place was pretty cool but was only open for a year or two.

What about a place like Speedzone in the Inland Empire? Never been, but figure they have a bar area to watch gas sports.

martininsocal

Reaction
Do they even have a bar there? I don't remeber seeing one. lots of arcade games...

If your gonna go, go BIG

OGCamber

Reaction
I don't know if ESPN Zone at Downtown Disney will be open for the 500 again this year. They had a special deal for it a few years ago where the main bar with the jumbo TV opened early and they showed the race.

Courtney Halowell
Editor, StreetTrucks Magazine
www.streettrucksmag.com