Death of Wildcat XX?

afortune46

We were the factory short course team in 2018 , then 19 rolled around and crickets. No money, no parts budget, etc. Allegedly next year they are going to open the checkbook once they get the realignment finalized and the dollars figured out.

What really burns me personally is , you have all of this marketing staff, you have all of these channels, and we have been on the podium regularly all year, then come 2nd in the Crandon world cup in front of allegedly 70k people and Nothing... not a word, not a post, not even a congratulations from the marketing channels. Its hard to grow a brand and gain marketshare when you don't pump up your brand/drivers achievements. It seems the realignment of staff should have been looked at in the marketing dept to bring someone in that understands the industry.

Manufacting the cars in China , assembling in Texas is a tough pill to swallow after the company faulted Textron/AC for going the outsourced/cheap route on products. Pot - meet kettle. I hope it goes well , I hope it goes off without a hitch because it would be a badass car to own if it comes to fruition and is exactly as they said it was. But the unknowns vs what was presented at the SSSS is a spooky deal if you're comitted for 32k with a non refundable deposit.

Bricoop

Speed has never built anything in this quantity, except an energy drink. There are just way to many unknowns. You don't know what you are buying other then it will have 2 or 4 seats and be branded as a Speed car. And you might think these cars are worth $40,000, but you still have to hit a price point with the consumer if you are going to sell the volumn that they are talking about. Yes, compared to the current market the price seems good, but the competition will step up. The Wildcat has all his touches and it is far from a hit.

Personally, I hope its a home run for Team Speed and I would love to own one if it comes together with the quality parts and design that he is known for. But the work has just began and hopefully he has someone in his corner to navigate the waters and fund the process. without the weight of investors and anixous deposit holders breathing down his neck.
I agree with most your points. I hope they invest the time and money to develop parts. Thankfully, it sounds like they are going to use an established manufacturing facility. I really hope they bring in experts to oversee the process. I’m talking engineers to test raw materials, manufacturing processes, and completed components. Rent or build testing machines that can simulate 100K miles.

The wildcat was not built to RGM specs. There were some design modifications that AC made, some of which have failed. someone more in the know than me can confirm.

Bricoop

We were the factory short course team in 2018 , then 19 rolled around and crickets. No money, no parts budget, etc. Allegedly next year they are going to open the checkbook once they get the realignment finalized and the dollars figured out.

What really burns me personally is , you have all of this marketing staff, you have all of these channels, and we have been on the podium regularly all year, then come 2nd in the Crandon world cup in front of allegedly 70k people and Nothing... not a word, not a post, not even a congratulations from the marketing channels. Its hard to grow a brand and gain marketshare when you don't pump up your brand/drivers achievements. It seems the realignment of staff should have been looked at in the marketing dept to bring someone in that understands the industry.

Manufacting the cars in China , assembling in Texas is a tough pill to swallow after the company faulted Textron/AC for going the outsourced/cheap route on products. Pot - meet kettle. I hope it goes well , I hope it goes off without a hitch because it would be a badass car to own if it comes to fruition and is exactly as they said it was. But the unknowns vs what was presented at the SSSS is a spooky deal if you're comitted for 32k with a non refundable deposit.
Textron is lost in this acquisition. They don’t understand the market, they don’t understand their dealer network, they don’t understand their customers.

afortune46

Textron is lost in this acquisition. They don’t understand the market, they don’t understand their dealer network, they don’t understand their customers.
My understanding (and I could be wrong since I've not heard it direct from the source) is TOR/AC is building 64" versions, speed will build all 72,77 inch versions and thats why TOR/AC signed off for Robby and Todd to do this. I hope that is the case because I would love to have a 64" version of a turbo machine without having to go aftermarket. Not that I need a turbo but it makes going faster easier.

bullnerd

Sooo...why don't the people at the center of this (Robby and the other dude?) come here and straighten it out?

Is there a more popular forum than this one for offroad racing that we don't know about?

bajafox

Accepted
Sooo...why don't the people at the center of this (Robby and the other dude?) come here and straighten it out?

Is there a more popular forum than this one for offroad racing that we don't know about?
They would probably prefer the traffic on this subject directly to their instagram pages

afortune46

Theres a wildcat group on facebook that this was brought up in , but Todd who is a regular on there and Speed sxs who is a vendor on that page has yet to respond to it all.

Jimmy8

Talked to Robby and Todd on the phone earlier this week. They've got their ducks in a row on this. They are also in Baja prerunning for the SCORE race this weekend. Probably don't have a lot of time for the forums right now.

Bricoop

My understanding (and I could be wrong since I've not heard it direct from the source) is TOR/AC is building 64" versions, speed will build all 72,77 inch versions and thats why TOR/AC signed off for Robby and Todd to do this. I hope that is the case because I would love to have a 64" version of a turbo machine without having to go aftermarket. Not that I need a turbo but it makes going faster easier.
Hmmmmm. I had a much different understanding.

There’s still a lot to figure out on the machine. This is the 3rd UTV RGM has designed. I’d challenge anyone to find a more experienced team outside of Can-Am and Polaris.

The suspension geometry seems to be all the same, so there’s little risk there. The risk seems to come in the engine, the CVT(albins), and the transaxle. The electronics should be straightforward. Seems the CV issue was fixed with the double plunge.

Robin Hood

Talked to Robby and Todd on the phone earlier this week. They've got their ducks in a row on this.
Would you expect them to tell you anything different? The best way to make and keep customers happy is to have all the details spelled out. CLEAR AND PRECISE COMMUNICATION.

I considered putting down $1,500, but there AREN'T any details. In fact, one place it says $1,000 deposit and online it is $1,500. What place in line would I be? Am I 187th today and by delivery....well suddenly I didn't make the 250 cut? How do I get my money back if they don't deliver? What is the guaranteed time frame?

So lets say I sweep all this under the carpet and I put down the $1000 for a deposit. What is the total cost OTD? Is it FOB China or Texas? Is there freight, assembly, doc fees? What kind of motor do I get? How about the shocks.? Are they RG shocks that can only be serviced by the manufacturer? What is the warranty? It says "6"...is this minutes, hours, days or the number of excuses I'll hear as to why it isn't covered?

And then, what if in 3, 4 or 5 years the company isn't profitable or sold off to someone else and either you can't get pars or they quit producing units. Where will you buy all the custom patented parts from?

One thing is for sure if you get your deposit in. You can post on Instagram that you sponsored Robby Gordon!

Bricoop

Would you expect them to tell you anything different? The best way to make and keep customers happy is to have all the details spelled out. CLEAR AND PRECISE COMMUNICATION.

I considered putting down $1,500, but there AREN'T any details. In fact, one place it says $1,000 deposit and online it is $1,500. What place in line would I be? Am I 187th today and by delivery....well suddenly I didn't make the 250 cut? How do I get my money back if they don't deliver? What is the guaranteed time frame?

So lets say I sweep all this under the carpet and I put down the $1000 for a deposit. What is the total cost OTD? Is it FOB China or Texas? Is there freight, assembly, doc fees? What kind of motor do I get? How about the shocks.? Are they RG shocks that can only be serviced by the manufacturer? What is the warranty? It says "6"...is this minutes, hours, days or the number of excuses I'll hear as to why it isn't covered?

And then, what if in 3, 4 or 5 years the company isn't profitable or sold off to someone else and either you can't get pars or they quit producing units. Where will you buy all the custom patented parts from?

One thing is for sure if you get your deposit in. You can post on Instagram that you sponsored Robby Gordon!
Yea. A lot to be desired in that. RG is the ultimate marketer.

It’s a pretty easy small claims win if they fail to deliver. Enough has been documented through videos.

I’d never buy a first gen anything, be it a truck from Ford or a small run UTV. Hope it works out for all.

It’s a pretty easy small claims win if they fail to deliver
Judgments may be easy, but collections are not. Especially from a dissolved and defunct LLC, or other corporate form.

Pretty tough to compel an individual to satisfy a judgement, as well, and especially if that individual does not receive a regular paycheck to garnish.

BTW, imposing garnishments is not a role for laymen neophytes, and the legal costs to impose such may exceed a judgment.

What makes you think this venture is not essentially "judgment-proof" if one doesn't see a contract completed or a deposit returned?

43mod

Do we need to move this thread to purple ? What if the cow jumped over the moon ?

What here do you perceive as political in nature, Ben?

Seriously, what is political about consumer concerns about a new product and contract law that has its origins in the distant past of common law?

Thanks!

43mod

not political really, just the same guys going endlessly back and forth. I thought you could spare the general population a bit. If Robin Hood means how many did I buy it is one XX. It has .6 miles on it . I am fairly sure I can make the Yamaha engine run regardless of what Textron/AC/Robby do and am going to have a blast racing it somewhere . My brand loyalty starts right when I do not have to pay for things myself.

slvrbullet

Does anyone think Hisun will be able to deliver a car to RGM standards? Robby acts like his stuff is the best and I'm not saying it's not. I bought the XX purely based on Robby's involvement. When you have a factory that's used to make cheap UTV's switching over to a higher quality platform could be a challenge. If I'm buying a car that Robby has direct involvement in, I expect high-quality welds and a high level of quality control. The quality of welds that I have seen on Hisun's own UTV's leave a lot to be desired.

NIKAL

Does anyone think Hisun will be able to deliver a car to RGM standards? Robby acts like his stuff is the best and I'm not saying it's not. I bought the XX purely based on Robby's involvement. When you have a factory that's used to make cheap UTV's switching over to a higher quality platform could be a challenge. If I'm buying a car that Robby has direct involvement in, I expect high-quality welds and a high level of quality control. The quality of welds that I have seen on Hisun's own UTV's leave a lot to be desired.
While I 100% agree with Hisun’s current quality of their own machines. I do know they manufacture parts for several of the big UTV manufactures. So they must be able to build a product that is acceptable and meets the standards of those companies.

Also Robby did not just make a phone call asking if they will manufacture parts for his cars. I’m very confident in saying he’s been to the factory & Corp offices, and has seen what machinery they have, what they can produce and too what quality.

I just cant imagine Robby’s going into this thinking, I can make a buck building an average UTV. This has his name & face on it. Robby’s reputation is about building quality. Plus he beats his stuff up, so it has to be Robby proof!

Everyone knows Robby has been involved with Polaris & Arctic Cat, so he knows the business, but how many know Todd Romano’s background? Todd used to own Dragon Fire Racing which was one of the first aftermarket UTV parts companies. He sold it to Motorsports Aftermarket Group several years back. So his knowledge of UTV parts manufacturing is probably deeper then Robbys, which is why they make a great partnership with the SpeedSXS, and now Speed UTV. My understanding is Todd is more focused on the day to day operations as Robby is got 10 different things going at any one time.

My biggest question or concern is going to be parts availability. If he’s not using 3rd party vendors like Team Ind, King shocks, Walker, etc.. Then is Robby going to have a supply house with every replacement part? What is I need a trans, dif, clutch or engine part? What about wear items like brake pads, CVT belts, air filters?

not political really, just the same guys going endlessly back and forth.
LOL, that's most rdc threads! This one's missing a lot of those "same guys."

What makes you think the "general pop" doesn't benefit by reading any particular thread it cares to click?

Hope your UTV arrives in sked with row-of-dime welds!