deaver springs

drtdevil93

its about time! our new toyota long travel leaf springs are now in stock. approx. 62" long, reversed front eye, progressive pack. up to 20" of wheel travel.

(714) 542-3703

erik

JenDiggityDirt

That's it...pimp it, Deaver boy! :)
Heard about "the plan" for the Wall...I'm scared!

<font color=red>JEN!</font color=red>

J_Dog

Erik,
Just curious, what do you guys have for a 84 Ranger (class 7s) and how much?

Jeff Matlock

drtdevil93

hey thats dans idea. im thinking of faking him out and just jumping over him. now that would be a kodak moment. either way, im sure both of us will make some good photo opporotunities. :p

erik

fishd00d

What A Joke
Oh yea you know I will be right there with my video camera.

Go Big Or Go Home
*UBCS 4 Life*

drtdevil93

i dont know if dan wants me to say. hmmm... ill say this. the stunt could be called "double jeopardy"

erik

drtdevil93

progressive means the spring rate increases as the axle goes up. it is progressive because there are different sized leaf's. what it basically gives you is the ride quality of a soft spring, but wont bottom out. i put a ton of progression in to the springs when i build them (yes there are lots of tricks). on mine, when i was winching it down for those pics earlier,it proved this. there is a total of about 10" uptravel. when it gets to about 5" left, the rate has increased quite a bit. when it gets around 3", the rate is so high, i couldnt pull it down more with a 1ton winch!

erik

DPpatrol

How can you change the spring rate change? Being that the force put out by a spring equals the product of the spring rate and the distance the spring is streched from its equilibrium position (F = -kx), any spring will in effect be progressive, even with a constant spring rate. I don't see how the spring rate of a leaf spring could change through out its compression. Am I missing something?

martininsocal

multiple leaves with different radius bends will have different spring rates at the same flexion point. when stacked on top of each other and interplay between them, springrate will lose its linear rate.

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG