• Forum membership has its advantages....

Debt collection from my crash at the MINT 400

BGRANT

Was that the County Hospital?
When my son was flown there from Lake Powell (after they flew him to St. George) they charged $26,000 for a CT Scan that St. George billed $1200 for the same thing..Then we had to fly him to University of Utah (after I just drove to Vegas from SLC area) because Vegas could not do the surgery....3 life flights in one day. Vegas charged a total of $63,000 for 8 hours in the ER...morphine and the CT scan was all they did...doctor seemed pissed we interrupted his night and he couldn't watch the fights.
They have to gouge the insurance companies to cover all the tweakers that end up there with no insurance.

jon coleman

Would you rather have that Italian medical?
nnaaa, i partial to
Was that the County Hospital?
When my son was flown there from Lake Powell (after they flew him to St. George) they charged $26,000 for a CT Scan that St. George billed $1200 for the same thing..Then we had to fly him to University of Utah (after I just drove to Vegas from SLC area) because Vegas could not do the surgery....3 life flights in one day. Vegas charged a total of $63,000 for 8 hours in the ER...morphine and the CT scan was all they did...doctor seemed pissed we interrupted his night and he couldn't watch the fights.
They have to gouge the insurance companies to cover all the tweakers that end up there with no insurance.
after all, health care is a civil right, no body gets turned away at the ER, yet it has to be payed for some how, unfortunately, some think a government bureaucrat knows whats best for You( not)

JDDurfey

I have learned a little recently about one of the bad affects Obamacare has had on insurance companies. There is a line in the law that requires health insurance companies to spend 80% of the money they charge customers on medical expenses. They are only allowed to use 20% on overhead and profit. Obamacare was trying to make sure insurance companies don't profit very much. I guess in theory this is a good idea, but in a capitalistic society it doesn't work in practicality. In theory this would drive down insurance premiums because the insurance companies won't be able to keep as much of our money for themselves. However, it has, I believe made medical costs go up because hospitals and doctors know that insurance companies are not going to fight them as much over the bill. I had a doctor tell me this recently. So insurance companies did not lower premiums at all after Obamacare went into effect because of the added things they are required to cover. And hospitals and doctors have not lowered their prices either.

5racer

Oh stop it steve. Steve Griffith says the same damn thing before and after every race and now he’s whining on Facebook about how he can’t race the race he doesn’t want to even race.
who said i did not want to race the race that i dont want to race was not me ,and by the way what race are you even talking about lol dam i feel like i just was in a race of some sort.

Zac Reish

I'm talking about every damn race dad! You're always complaining about a blow job. Whether its too damn nice at the river or the parker race is too damn fun. Or your whisky is too damn cold (cigarette ashes blowing on my face while you intensely rant and dgaf about social distancing)

ffdfrontman

I'm talking about every damn race dad! You're always complaining about a blow job. Whether its too damn nice at the river or the parker race is too damn fun. Or your whisky is too damn cold (cigarette ashes blowing on my face while you intensely rant and dgaf about social distancing)
Awesome!!! I really want to hang with him. We have similar complaints and habits.

(On another note, Cherish those moments man, my old man sounds a lot like yours and he’s been gone 7 years. Trust me you’ll miss every booze fueled bitch session, lol).

lllux

I have learned a little recently about one of the bad affects Obamacare has had on insurance companies. There is a line in the law that requires health insurance companies to spend 80% of the money they charge customers on medical expenses. They are only allowed to use 20% on overhead and profit. Obamacare was trying to make sure insurance companies don't profit very much. I guess in theory this is a good idea, but in a capitalistic society it doesn't work in practicality. In theory this would drive down insurance premiums because the insurance companies won't be able to keep as much of our money for themselves. However, it has, I believe made medical costs go up because hospitals and doctors know that insurance companies are not going to fight them as much over the bill. I had a doctor tell me this recently. So insurance companies did not lower premiums at all after Obamacare went into effect because of the added things they are required to cover. And hospitals and doctors have not lowered their prices either.
Shouldn't we just enact single payer so they can negotiate cheaper pricing?

AZ7000'

yes , We can, first, show me a single payer system that works better, ( heres the kicker) &Not run by useless government deadheads
All of them... see the title of this thread