Del Mar Fair

martininsocal

Reaction
Was anyone there Tuesady for the 50's amd BMX jumping? Unfortunately I can't be there today(I wanted to enter the prerun buggy and try for the Lawn Dart Award at B&R Buggy, but the chief said "Too much time off lately". I wondered what the deal was with the 50's race. They had modified pro and stock, but a couple of the "stock" bikes definitely weren't with lobger forks with some extreme fork rake that made them turn like crap, but lengthened the wheelbase quite a bit. I didn't see any RDC stickered riders! Who was driving the Toy Taco westbound 76 in O'side Sunday towards the s/b 5? Coming home from Lucerne? Wish I was there today, the wife and kids were going to go wothout me, I am here baking my brain in the heat!

martininsocal

Reaction
I believe it was dark green, there were 2 of them that seemed to be runing together, but only 1 had an RDC sticker.

michael_loomis

Reaction
lawn dart award would have been a tough one to win , cause this one guy got wicked !! i missed the photo op (got one of him being towed back) but he tried to double 2 individual singles and hammered the front end ! looked like he broke a link pin , possibly an arm , but hes going to have a sore neck NO DOUBT !

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ya the award would have to goto that Mirage buggy. That was awesome he almost doubled it too lol.

I guess it was a kid driving his Dad's car too lol

WFODAN

Reaction
IT was funny because right before that guy tried it , Greg and I were sitting in the stands watching the buggies run and he asked me " hey Dan do you think you could double the last two hits on the straightaway ??" . As soon as he finished saying that the guy went for it and came up short and broke his car . I just said " nope" . LOL !! It was a good try though . He got the brass pair award for sure !!!

In_the_works

Reaction
He left one hell of a crater where he landed! Anyone know how wide the a-arms on that unlimited class bug were? I forget what team it was, but it could hardly make it over any of the smaller jumps without knocking over the flags on both sides.

SDranger

Reaction
The a-arms on that bug said K.I.T. racing on them. Ive seen them out at some fud races, they have a 9 car i think and at least one more that i cant remember.

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
hmmm......... Where have I seen "KIT racing" before? Oh yeah....... Leading the OVERALL points in SCORE......

martininsocal

Reaction
KIT is the guys from North county(Laryy Kern, Mike Pfankuch, and all the kids). Larry started out modifying Chenowths with bigger cages for class 9, then started his 4 seaters, and now they have done race chassis(a very fast 1600 and I believe St. Johns 12 car)as well as lots of prerunners. Cool guys, good drivers, and real nice people.

michael_loomis

Reaction
lol the FAST KIT car is a JIMCO

sorry rick , i had too !!

KitRacer

Reaction
The fast KIT car started life as a Jimco back in the 80's, We have modified it a little since then. Its thje car that Adam and I race.

As far as the unlimited baja bug goes, its a prerunner built by Joey Kern. He is Larry Kerns Nephew. Its got a 400 horse 383 and the car is 90 something inches wide. With the stock porche 930 transmission in it, it can do 90 in first gear. Its one hell of a ride, and it has been tearin up Ocotillo this summer.

Anyone going to the dessert this weekend??? I might go out for Fri night, but am for sure going out Mon or Tues afternoon to test the 1600 for Henderson. Maybe i will see some of you guys out there??

See you at Henderson

Oh yeah, whos Trey Sommers and Always Racing???? I've never heard of those guys