On Topic delayed Baja 1000???

Gotta love the keyboard warriors typing away from the comforts of their home. Delaying the race 24 hours was 100% the right call from SCORE. God I hate this forum sometimes.
Right... There's parts of the course that were GONE. Like washed down a mountain.

You Mad Bro

It's supposed to be hell.... it's supposed to be a chaotic cluster F..... man and his machine against nature.... wild west.... Baja....
Oh nevermind..... How will the sponsors get seen with all that mud on the car....???
It even happens in Dakar. I remember a couple years back they had to cancel a stage in Bolivia due to freezing temperatures at high altitudes. I remember seeing motorcycle riders with oxygen tanks and all. I guess Roger Norman is trying to keep a good profile in Baja. Now imagine if he hadn’t delayed the race. What would be the aftermath?

DGruper

Sitting at a poker table in NV monitoring, I think it is the right call to delay. Imagine being on two wheels going through a section at 100 mph and where you thought there was a road, there’s now a 10 ft deep, 50ft wide gap....They will identify you by your race number and dental records.

Bobdepew

It even happens in Dakar. I remember a couple years back they had to cancel a stage in Bolivia due to freezing temperatures at high altitudes. I remember seeing motorcycle riders with oxygen tanks and all. I guess Roger Norman is trying to keep a good profile in Baja. Now imagine if he hadn’t delayed the race. What would be the aftermath?
Do what best in the desert would do go take a blade and just flatten the road out. Just find another way around and hopefully it's like Goat Trail. you would just be amazed what a stock class 11 bug could go through rock crawling in rivers so these new Trophy Truck 4 wheel drive 140 mile an hour monsters should be able to make it through anything with a driver that has any Talent