DELL Support - Help!

scott-dsms

Orange
Reaction
Does anyone on here work for DELL or know anyone who does? I've been through the endless maze of calling 800 numbers being bounced around from country to country, none of which happen to be this country and still have issues with my brand new XPS laptop that I use for my biz. :mad: I paid for the very best customer service/warranty plan and so far they have not honored it. They are supposed to come to my house and fix this thing...No call to setup an appointment NO NOTHING except the runaround from a bunch of jackasses in India, Canada and South East Asia. This computer is less than 2 months old and it sounds like it's going to take off and fly around the room...The fans are malfunctioning and it's getting hot etc etc...

All I'm asking for from these JO's is what I paid for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!!!!!! Geezuz!

</rant>

Can anyone help? Is there some super secret number I can call to speak with someone whose head isn't buried where the sun don't shine?

Thanks

I needed a laugh after all this BS..Some foul language - NO KIDS

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noUQTRnF_vY"]YouTube - Technical Support indian version[/ame]

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
sorry to hear this... you forgot about the call center in South America as well :rolleyes: your best bet would be to perhaps take it to a Best Buy or similar place that deals with dell also... or maybe even just exchange your laptop for a completely new one.

Here is the only info I've found and you've probably already called these numbers... maybe try the email option??
http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/policy/en/policy?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~section=010

My only other suggestions... next time buy a Mac :D

Shaggy

Reaction
Does anyone on here work for DELL or know anyone who does? I've been through the endless maze of calling 800 numbers being bounced around from country to country, none of which happen to be this country and still have issues with my brand new XPS laptop that I use for my biz. :mad: I paid for the very best customer service/warranty plan and so far they have not honored it. They are supposed to come to my house and fix this thing...No call to setup an appointment NO NOTHING except the runaround from a bunch of jackasses in India, Canada and South East Asia. This computer is less than 2 months old and it sounds like it's going to take off and fly around the room...The fans are malfunctioning and it's getting hot etc etc...

All I'm asking for from these JO's is what I paid for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!!!!!! Geezuz!

</rant>

Can anyone help? Is there some super secret number I can call to speak with someone whose head isn't buried where the sun don't shine?

Thanks

I needed a laugh after all this BS..Some foul language - NO KIDS

Just got a HP to replace my Dell this year. Bought my Dell in 2003 with a full in home warranty. In two months the video card took a dump and had the exact same problem your having. After throwing a fit with them about check this and check that, they sent me a new video card to install myself. That's the point they lost me as a customer.

I've completely rebuilt that same computer (2nd video card) and now its used for my security cameras on the house. Love my HP.:D

MarkAcunaOffRoad

Reaction
Ditch the Dell and get a MAC! I went through 3 Dells in 4 yrs...customer service is a joke with them! My wife has 5 MACs for her photography biz and the only problem we have had is the mouse not working (they sent us a replacement within a week). Plus, we got to speak to someone here in the US...Texas I believe. They might be a little more initially, but well worth it!

QurtysLyn

Reaction
I work in IT, and when we get a Dell, it's an easy fix. Take it to the desert and Shoot it.

Buy an HP or Acer. Dell is a four letter word...

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
When you call customer service and give your service number it is supposed to send you to XPS service. I have used the XPS service a couple of times and always got someone here in the states. One time it sent me to India and the guy quickly transfered me to the XPS center. Try again and make sure if you get someone in another country to tell them it is a XPS and you want to talk the XPS center.

scott-dsms

Orange
Reaction
Thanks for the input everyone...Shortly after I started this thread some supervisor from DELL called me apologizing etc (The power of RDC :D)..but then turns around and claims that the service tech has been trying to contact me, but to no avail :rolleyes: Yah right...I work from my house and happen to own a telephone w/ answering machine, a cell phone w/ voicemail, email etc etc...I call BS, I have been specifically waiting for this particular call...anyway, they say it will be fixed by Monday so we'll see...

Until now I've never had a problem with a DELL and never had to deal with their tech support.

Thanks again - Rep for everybody!!! :D