delron bushings

tedmales

Reaction
anybody know where i can get some bushing assemblies? 1.75 shell with bushing and steel insert? and about how much so i do not get stabbed in the eye. thanks

ntsqd

Reaction
Don't know that I've ever seen Delrin bushings on the shelf. Most people make them. The stuff machines incredibly easily. Delrin is a trade name, the polymer is called Acetal. Should be able to buy small sections from McMaster if you can't find it locally.

Greg

Reaction
buy it black, other wise it looks crappy in about 5 minutes.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
We have some assemblies at Baja Concepts. They run about $38 or so. They have 1 3/4 4130 with delron bushings and sleeves we have some for a 3/4 bolt right now. But can get for 1/2" bolt also. Call me if you have questions: (760) 723-2117

tre5

Reaction
you can get those at Fodrills. There in Phx. and should be in the phone book. If not let me know Ill get the number.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
does delrin need grease like a regular urathane bushing does? i was told that it didnt but am still not totally coinfident it doesnt. i had a machinist friend make me some bushings and he just copied regular urathane bushings, he put the grease slots/holes in the bushings. this was before i was told they didnt need grease.

Gregg

Crayfish

Reaction
One of our suppliers carries a Teflon impregnated Delrin for added wear resistance, I haven't had a chance to use any but it's probably better than just Delrin.

Industrial Plastics in Anaheim or Paragon Plastics in Santa Ana both carry it.

Crayfish

DANKFAB

Reaction
I use a white lithium grease spray can to lube up all my delrin components on lower arms, steering and swaybar. I was told to do so by several people, was it wrong?

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I second that for White Lithium Marine Grease....it works the longest without squeaking from what I have found!

drtdevil93

Reaction
i learned today that delrin burns a cool blue color, flame is hard to see, like methanol almost. i mad a blob that looks like candlewax.

erik

ntsqd

Reaction
Acetal is not considered to require a lubricant, but having some will most likely increase the lifespan of it.

I have not ever come across Acetal that squeaks, are you SURE that is what material you have ?

Teflon has significant cold flow issues. I would opt for the graphite filled Acetal b4 using the teflon filled.