• Forum membership has its advantages....

Denunzio's Class 7 Tacoma

Re: Denunzio\'s Class 7 Tacoma

I actually talked to him not too long ago. The project is still being built just taking awhile due to time and budget constraints. Pretty crazy design but I dont think it is legal for 7 open with center seat, It will have to run in TT. Does anyone know the exact rules for 7 open?? He sent me updated pics I will look for them, It is a center seat 7 open with fuel cell around the driver looks like the duralast truck

tkr

SCORE rulebook says..."Any manufacturer's seats may be used but must remain in approximately stock location." No dice.

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

Jimmy8

Class 8 has the same rules about seating as 7 open does, but wasnt Ashley and Smiths class 8 a single seater and SCORE let them slide?

The driver seat was still in the same location, not centered.

<font color=white> "If you aint cheatin' - you aint tryin" </font color=white>

Chris_Wilson

The Duralast 8 truck was and still is a two seater (this is the 8 truck that
won the SCORE Trophy Truck championship a few years ago.)

AaronDixon

Hermans angle is that stock trucks come with one big bench seat. I don't see a problem with him running in class 7. I saw the truck a few weeks ago and it is coming along. They took some time off from working on it to get some more $$$. Hopefully they will finish it soon.

Jimmy8

Nice angle, I never thought of it that way. He may get away with it for the exception of the steering wheel now being in the center. should be interesting.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -

My question would be what advantage does a single seat in the middle have? It is safer. But other than that I don't see any real difference for a desert truck. Now if we it was for going around a road course I could see the advantage.

Tony

Jimmy8

Well, one thing that I have found out that it is cheaper to build. One real advantage though, that I recently found out by sitting in Ashley and Smiths truck is that you get a different view point. I never thought it would be that big of a difference but it is. You can see a bigger range of desert, and with their truck a whole lot farther out in front of you because their seat is so high, and at those speeds the farther you can see the better it is. I really think it is an advantage, but you have to really sit in one to see what I'm talking about. Hey I guess it is lighter as well, if you want to really get down to it. I was going to make our Trophy Truck a 2 seater, but recently I have reconsidered and think it may be a single seat because of how much Ashley and Smiths truck changed my mind.