Desert Champion "Ballistic" BJ Baldwin Read for Short Course Action with Lucas Oil

b_fantasyoffroadracing

Reaction
Just released!

Corona, California (April 24, 2009) - Two-Time SCORE Trophy-Truck Points Champion
"Ballistic" BJ Baldwin will be making his 2009 short course off road racing debut
with the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series in Surprise, Arizona on May 2nd. As the
inaugural season off the Lucas Oil Off Road Series moves full speed ahead ,off road
racing star "Ballistic" BJ Baldwin returns to the desert, only now it's in his 850HP
Unlimited 2 on the new short course off road track at Speedworld in Surprise, Arizona.
"I'm a racer. This is what I do," Said Baldwin, the 2006 and 2008 Season Champion
in SCORE Trophy-Truck, desert racing's marquis class. "Desert racing, with such
an emphasis on fitness, concentration, and driving skills all while battling the
open desert and the elements is a lot of fun for me. I'll always love it. In a
short course truck, you're racing door to door, head to head and your driving skills
and your equipment are your weapons. For me this is a 20 lap cage fight. Anyone
who takes the green flag can win a race at any time. I'm ready to go racing with
these guys! "
Baldwin will be lining up against some of short course off road racing's biggest
stars including Bully Dog/SpeedTechnologies' Jeff Ward, Hart&Huntington's Carey
Hart, LucasOil/GeneralTires' Carl Renezeder and Papas and Beer's Rodrigo Ampudia,
who has shown he had the mettle to run with the best. LOORRS' Tony Vanillo, deep
in final preparations for the huge race weekend, paused for a moment to consider
the Unlimited 2 field that will be racing in Arizona. "There's a ton of great guys
coming out. We are going to see a huge line up and some big time racing. BJ has
his work cut out for him if he's going to get to the front of this pack. Not one
of these racers is going to give up a line, a corner or the podium without a fight.
This is going to be good!"
The Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series (LOORRS) is the evolution of the long standing
support of short course racing by Forrest Lucas and Lucas Oil. Steeped in the Midwest
tradition of short course off road racing infused with a West Coast influence, LOORRS
brings intense four wheel door to door action to challenging, fan friendly tracks.
Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series: This is Short Course. For more information please
visit Lucasoiloffroad.com

Last edited:

eric2448

Reaction
Re: Desert Champion "Ballistic" BJ Baldwin Read for Short Course Action with Lucas Oi

It keeps gettin better and better! :D

bomber

Reaction
Re: Desert Champion "Ballistic" BJ Baldwin Read for Short Course Action with Lucas Oi

I was just wondering if BJ was going to get back into this. I know he started to take interest at the end of CORR, even bought 2 trucks I think. Glad to see he's returning to short course, it will be awesome to see another talented driver out there.

Bridges

Senior Replay
Reaction

There goes the neighborhood....

jmason912

Reaction

Makes sense, he's on General Tires.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction

This will get interesting! I am sure BJ will kick some A ss out there for sure.

DRTNYRI

Reaction

Woo Hoo !!!

Can't wait till AZ !!!

:D

ryant35

Reaction

Makes sense, he's on General Tires.
That's funny, I mentioned in another thread if BJ would be racing short course this year. That was shot down because of General Tires. My how the tables have turned. I can't wait to see him out there.

pappawheely

O.G. Photo
Reaction

BJ will get the chance to be faster than Jeff Ward on two wheels!!!:eek:

grandetaquito

Reaction

Cant wait to see this. I will be there for sure!:D