Desert Dynamics

TStone

Reaction
Any one know if Desert Dynamics is still around? I googled them and got a phone number but the number is dead. I just purchased a 2007 TT built by them and would like to see if I can get a hold of someone to get info on the truck. Any help would be great.
Thankyou, TStone
02482BD5-17F0-4C48-957C-A1A5A94FB5A5.jpeg
A86F72AB-C898-47B9-B801-F42046A63F38.jpeg
92ADD521-D120-4784-B7BA-2A5A37645141.jpeg

MCM MOTORSPORTS

Reaction
All I can say is good luck. We dealt with them in 2009 and it was a total nightmare. Every invoice paid was spent on someone else's truck or buggy. Hoping someone else would pay up to finish ours. I spent 1 week of my time in USA in there shop helping finish a truck to ship to oz that was supposed to be a roller but was a bare chassis. Dave (I think was the owner) knew we were coming and the shipping date. He didn't realise to us Aussies a 200 mile drive is a stroll. Especially at 100mph. (normal speed with zoomer as anyone who knows the legend will agree) We were there every day when the workers rocked up. Needless to say the guy nearly choked himself (well kinda) and finished it late. What a mess though. Shock mounts and design was screwed up. It's amazing if he is still around today.

I will say that damn he had a good welder at the time. Manuel. His nickname. Manweld.

Keep in mind this is my own person experience, spending 5 full days in the shop with the team.

BajaFand

Reaction
If you are familiar with the high desert area of Southern California then if you head west from I15 towards Palmdale on HWY 138 you will find a Chevron station on the side of the road in the Phelan area. At that Chevron there’s a tilt up metal building that a fab shop is being run out of and every chassis being built appears to be Desert Dynamics. I would try searching out that place. Maybe it’s DD or maybe it’s someone who bought them out. There’s no signage on the building.

Fourstroker

Reaction
All I can say is good luck. We dealt with them in 2009 and it was a total nightmare. Every invoice paid was spent on someone else's truck or buggy. Hoping someone else would pay up to finish ours. I spent 1 week of my time in USA in there shop helping finish a truck to ship to oz that was supposed to be a roller but was a bare chassis. Dave (I think was the owner) knew we were coming and the shipping date. He didn't realise to us Aussies a 200 mile drive is a stroll. Especially at 100mph. (normal speed with zoomer as anyone who knows the legend will agree) We were there every day when the workers rocked up. Needless to say the guy nearly choked himself (well kinda) and finished it late. What a mess though. Shock mounts and design was screwed up. It's amazing if he is still around today.

I will say that damn he had a good welder at the time. Manuel. His nickname. Manweld.

Keep in mind this is my own person experience, spending 5 full days in the shop with the team.

You did not have a unique experience with Dave and DD. I have 2 to share.

My brother bought a 4 seater from him in 2004. Got it all the way home put the trailing arms on and realized he made them 4" too long and would not reasonably work for trans/engine placement. Dave come to pick up arms to replace (long drive for him but we live by his parents). Before he arrives we realize that a bunch of other stuff is out of square, not fully welded, etc. Instead of dropping off arms he picks up chassis and takes back to shop. After 2 weeks and hounding himconstantly we get it back to find most of it still not fixed. My bro says screw it and just fixes himself

A few years a racing friends purchases a turnkey 2/1600 car from DD despite my warnings. At least he is smart enough to sign a contract that includes milestone completion dates and financial consequences for missing those deadlines. Long story short he gets a car 4 months late on a 6 month build for about 1/2 his original cost. He has been Jonesing to race to he brings the car almost immediately to Lucerne to "Test" after the race. Gets talked into racing instead and proceeds to tear bypass tubes on the rear as they rub the body. Mind you this was a turn key build that DD bought all of the parts for. As you can imagine DD wanted no part of repairing and my friend paid someone else to fix shock mounts, body, etc.

Guy was shady, untrustworthy and his jigs were terribly flawed. Like you I saw fantastic welds on pieces that were grossly misplaced. The dash-crossbar on my brothers 4 seater was a full inch out of level. Good luck to the OP. You are not likely to get much

y2kbaja

Reaction
Sounds like the OP needs to tear down the truck to the frame and measure, cycle, repair, replace, re-engineer and reassemble. Then rename it his own.