Desert expansion

y2kbaja

Reaction
I can't tell if that's good new or not. It sounds like it is. I know it's been a long battle, since 1992 or earlier when Senator Cranston introduced the bill then taken over by Feinstein.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
I ran this article by Bob Ham before posting it on the home page this morning. Bob said it is a big deal and for the first time ever off road would have the same protection as wilderness areas for these 5 designated off road areas. It would take another act of congress to change it.
And if you don't know who Bob is he was inducted into ORMOF in 2006 and has been fighting for our rights as off roaders since the late 60's. Bob Ham – Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame – ORMHOF

Mxrider909

Reaction
The comments section on the LA times article sure does show the vitriol from members on the other side of the argument.. It amazes me what people think of off-roaders.

johnnyweb

Reaction
GREAT news for the off road community. Finally a win for us politically.

AngryShawn

Reaction
Wow, spangler will expand by 49%, awesome!

y2kbaja

Reaction
I ran this article by Bob Ham before posting it on the home page this morning. Bob said it is a big deal and for the first time ever off road would have the same protection as wilderness areas for these 5 designated off road areas. It would take another act of congress to change it.
And if you don't know who Bob is he was inducted into ORMOF in 2006 and has been fighting for our rights as off roaders since the late 60's. Bob Ham – Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame – ORMHOF
Thanks Curtis. I was wondering what the true off-road activist thought on this was.

Charlietuna

Reaction
If that scumbag feinstein has her claw marks on it, there's no way in hell it's good for the OHV community. That rotten bitch can burn in hell.

Fourstroker

Reaction
Heres what the expansion will look like in Spangler. Most of it changing from marked trails only to open

1551382207148.png

Bro_Gill

Reaction
If that scumbag feinstein has her claw marks on it, there's no way in hell it's good for the OHV community. That rotten bitch can burn in hell.
Well, yeah. Now we will be told 'We already gave you hundreds of thousands of acres for OHV use, why do you want more?' 80 square miles is about how big Spangler is going to be. Think about that for a second, 80 square miles. The Mohave Desert Preserve is 25,000 square miles. Now throw in Death Valley, Sands to Snow, the National Forests, etc... Here's your scrap.

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
They add more wilderness/open lands and then down the road restrict access to it like they did that one year right before Vegas to Reno. Sure they claim it was a plane crash, but I am not so certain. There were a lot of people complaining about access to that area right after it was made a Monument even though BITD had permits. Of course Trump rescinded that boundary.

AZ7000'

Reaction