Desert Lites/ Class 3000

diirk

Reaction
Pretty interesting. I hadn't seen wither of them before.

fusionoffroad

Reaction
I havent seen any of these either. from the looks of it Darren or cnc man does the desertlite.com, and I have no idea on the other one.

s@ndm@n

Reaction
http://desertlite.com/news.php

http://www.4playfab.com/

Who is running these websites?

I noticed the rules are a little different on both sites.

A Desert Lite/Class 3000 organization is a great idea and should be promoted more.
here's the domain reg information... a place to start.

4Playfab.com:
jeffrey@jsaal.com
Jeffrey Aal
2629 S. Parrish
Mesa, AZ 85212
US
480-628-6818

desertlite.com:
cooksdesignstudios@hotmail.com
Jerry Clark
30986 Contour Ave.
Nuevo, California 92567
United States
Phone: +1.9513775621

XposedSEO

Reaction
I do web design, videos, photography, and promotion.... I have contacted a few of the builders/teams about maybe getting some stuff out there but I haven't gotten a response. I am a HUGE fan of these little cars, and I would like to see the class grow. We just did some work for Damen at Jefferies Racing....http://www.spotlightwebads.com/clients/jr this site is still under construction though. It will be listed as http://www.jefferiesracing.com in a few days.

Shoyrtt

Reaction
We should talk about setting a schedule for 2010 (either in this thread or a new one). I'd like to see around six races or so. We had also talked about some longer courses where we could do a match race with the 5 Unlimiteds. How about these three for a start:

1. Mint 400 (SNORE, March 25-28)

2. ORAF 500 (MORE, TBA usually May)

3. Bilek 400 (MDR, TBA usually June)

:)
Jim Knox

diirk

Reaction
Don't forget a short course race.....

s@ndm@n

Reaction
We should talk about setting a schedule for 2010 (either in this thread or a new one). I'd like to see around six races or so. We had also talked about some longer courses where we could do a match race with the 5 Unlimiteds. How about these three for a start:

1. Mint 400 (SNORE, March 25-28)

2. ORAF 500 (MORE, TBA usually May)

3. Bilek 400 (MDR, TBA usually June)

:)
Jim Knox
I hadnt replied yet to your post on FB, but here's my side of DR's input...

Love to do the mint... only down side is Durkee would be down a co-dawg... wife's tax season. Maybe we can rent out the seat. :D
The other 2 are good for me I think. Durkee team will sit down on Sunday to fully discuss this season. Defiantly want to stick with MORE/MDR/SNORE type series. Cant pony up the fees for SCORE and BITD as you stated...

I'd like to also see a night race, toys for tots I think is too early for us this year, and Eric and I had discussed the Dec SNORE Rage at the River.

...and I guess a short course to keep Eric happy...:cool:

diirk

Reaction
Hey, hey...the DOR wants a short course race too...it's not just me.

As for renting out the co-dogs seat..good luck finding someone else that can handle it....:D

Hmmm, you can squeeze into Shannons suit, right?

Shoyrtt

Reaction
The ORAF 500 is a day/night race. We could also run Ridgecrest with SNORE at the KC Midnight Special June 18th - 20th. Both were a blast this year.:)

Scanlan will know Glen Helen's schedule if you want to throw a short course in. ;)

fullthrottle

Reaction
:DSNORE's Schedule is what I want to race! The schedule is up now and looks to be the best courses for the least money. I will race the ORAF 500 but not really interested in Barstow anymore.:)

fusionoffroad

Reaction
I want to get a class 3000 forum on RDC if possible for dicussions like this one to furter grow the class and I do also like the snore races they seem to be a affordable and professional race to run. Also Plaster city is a blast

mitch mathers

Reaction
:DSNORE's Schedule is what I want to race! The schedule is up now and looks to be the best courses for the least money. I will race the ORAF 500 but not really interested in Barstow anymore.:)
What don't you like about Barstow ?? Was thinking about running some of the MDR and More races next year, and I know they run Barstow quite a bit...I heard it's rough and torn up, but is it really worse than some of the Nevada races ???
I agree that SNORE has probably the best all-around racing going right now, and I hope they continue their trend next year... I think the 150-300 mile races fit the lites and TL class better due to cost and logistics needed to run...

JMS

Reaction
Barstow=horrific race course, the course's are ridiculous, theres no rythym to them and its boring same old stuff, with that said if your truck works good in Barstow, it will work good anywhere=great place to test...not race

mitch mathers

Reaction
Barstow=horrific race course, the course's are ridiculous, theres no rythym to them and its boring same old stuff, with that said if your truck works good in Barstow, it will work good anywhere=great place to test...not race
So where do you think the best racing is in California ?? Use to ride dirt bikes out in Lucerne 20 years ago but can't remember the terrain ... Sounds like the TL schedule next year is going to be mostly BITD races ???

fullthrottle

Reaction
Barstow is too torn up and I prefer Lucerne and Ridgecrest for California and Plaster City is fun also. Favorite SNORE race is Caliente in the mountains and Rage at the River should be a blast!

mitch mathers

Reaction
Barstow is too torn up and I prefer Lucerne and Ridgecrest for California and Plaster City is fun also. Favorite SNORE race is Caliente in the mountains and Rage at the River should be a blast!
Thanks........See Ya at the Rage at the River

cncman

Reaction
This thread is heading in the right direction, However everybody that is interested should agree on a date to get together
and discuss a series for all to run and help grow the class!, You could still run other series but We should consider a series that fits everybodys bugdet, Just a thought

fusionoffroad

Reaction
This thread is heading in the right direction, However everybody that is interested should agree on a date to get together
and discuss a series for all to run and help grow the class!, You could still run other series but We should consider a series that fits everybodys bugdet, Just a thought
lets get a date. I am also leaning on RDC for a class 3000 forum in private forums for info and scedules