desert race cage question

DUT DUTTY

Reaction
new!! yes new, yes new.. so real quick I've a fully caged leaf sprung toyo caddy front.. the truck has mostly 1 3/4 tubing which is in the engine and bed. don't know why but it seems somebody decided to change sizes when they hit the cab.. its a good design and fully welded with good welds all the way around. I am wanting to relive the child dream of racing once again..lol.. I know, I'm not out to win, just hope on a finish.. then ill go from there.. Now will tech slide this in or no cut it out and redo it.. I know to get this fully there a lot needs to be done and I'm just hoping to slide on some things.. $$$$$$$$ to burn is not a option.. some say take it to tech and see what they say, and some say if it strong they may not care depents. at the end of a day they want your money and they want you safe.. Has any one seen them pass thins type of thing? Ive not the weight of truck but its a 93 ext cab 2x toyo single cabs get to the 4000 lbs I know.. picks.... what do those that race think.... if posted in wrong.. SORRY
IMG_0751.JPG
IMG_0684.JPG
IMG_0687.JPG
IMG_0674.JPG
IMG_0691.JPG
IMG_0756.JPG

51rcr

Reaction
like everyone says, take it, looks legit, x and front to back bracing, maybe weight would be only issue but like that it looks light, may skate in with out extras right under 4000

DUT DUTTY

Reaction
YUP, gonna take it up to slash x dual in the desert and just run it through tech watch a race and for one see how my daughter really reacts to it all.. You know since she's a big factor in all this. LOL that's the owner the boss the chief and much more and she's only 5yrs old... lol.. She said she want a trophy Kart.. She may get one... ill sell this at a drop of a hat for her, if she really wanted to do some racing..

51rcr

Reaction
YUP, gonna take it up to slash x dual in the desert and just run it through tech watch a race and for one see how my daughter really reacts to it all.. You know since she's a big factor in all this. LOL that's the owner the boss the chief and much more and she's only 5yrs old... lol.. She said she want a trophy Kart.. She may get one... ill sell this at a drop of a hat for her, if she really wanted to do some racing..
I got a go cart when i was 5 so thats a great idea. maybe wouldnt have to sell your toy for one of those. there more affordable. I did get a racing cart at 8 though. sooooo

85yota

Reaction
Throw a couple gussets on the windshield tube to a-pillar as well as a couple corner gussets on the b-pillar couldn't hurt. Run it.

DUT DUTTY

Reaction
Well Jeffrey musgrave helped me out with all this and went to bat for me and the truck in m.o.r.e racing and there’s a few changes needed not bad either.. door bracing (X) and in cab lateral.. and it’s good to go. now just got to search around for local racers/fabricators that have a few minutes well ok ok hours the want to pitch my direction and help a fresh rookie out with the the task and setup.ive not big money for this so maybe if luck be with me I can work something out.. now just gotta figure where to post and what should be said.lol..If I thought it was all Chinese before all I can say is huh. Reds what is, yellow is what should be or needs to be done.. just need to make sure the trucks not gonna fold on me.. which is fine by me.... Anyone in San Diego? I’m ready to do this one.. oh I’ve a seat reconfigure to do to.. I’m swapping seats and need to do a little dropping or??then final set up/prep for it’s well our first race ever lol.. I’m excited about that saying alone.. I ordered my HANS device today.

Attachments

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Keep the mid bar in the back. Just redo the diagonals. Make sure to land them on the frame, not the c pillar.

DUT DUTTY

Reaction
Keep the mid bar in the back. Just redo the diagonals. Make sure to land them on the frame, not the c pillar.
Thought it odd to run another x brace in the rear of cab since there’s one right out the back. But it’s hard to tell by pictures alone and Cody was going off pictures alone.. so gonna do the door braces and run it to tech to see exactly what they want how they want it and where... My rear X lands on the frame so yeah if ya would want the cage as strong as the frame it makes sense and I never looked at it in this way till ya mentioned it..lol..like I say it’s freaking Chinese to me.. big learning curve here but I’m paying great attention so that I just drifting these curves lol.. Right on Thanks....

Attachments

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
That bed X is probably too far back. They like to see them in the same plane as the pillars.

That truck looks really familiar. Looks like the one built by Buff Herman's brother.

DUT DUTTY

Reaction
Lol I thought all toyos look alike... just a little humor.. But I’m not to worried the stronger the better right.. I can’t leave my lil girl all alone in this word now.. so really I’ll put some extra gussets everywhere as well to and just double over everything.. it don’t have the speed as a v8 but it’s a pretty quick little LC engineering 22re motor, the only thing I believe I’ll put on is a set of carbs and junk the ecm.. it’s flashed and fast but computers have there limits.. eventually I’ll swap it out...here’s the truck not that long ago.

Attachments

jon coleman

Reaction
toobing?, erw, seemless? cromo, ? most of your sanct bodys rules universal, nhra score ect, get there rule book. also if in sandiego area tons of reputable race fab shops that most likly wouldnt have a problem at all helping u in person w- sugggestions, after all you might winn lottery & and the nice shop wins that helped you, ps , a six pac of sodas or ? helps discution on your cage

Reaction
Was Carlos Iribe's 5/1600 cage padded where Jean Calvin's helmet contacted it?