• Forum membership has its advantages....

Desert Racers turn CORR for 2006

Klaus

Administrator
So which desert racers are converting to CORR for 2006?

Troy Herbst started racing a Pro-2 last season and I heard the brothers will continue to do so for the season. John Marking will race a brand new Pro-Lite this year and I know of another prominent Trophy Truck Team to enter Pro-2 but they prefer to remain silent about it until they make the announcement.

Who else makes the jump?

IvanDan

klaus said:
So which desert racers are converting to CORR for 2006?

Troy Herbst started racing a Pro-2 last season and I heard the brothers will continue to do so for the season. John Marking will race a brand new Pro-Lite this year and I know of another prominent Trophy Truck Team to enter Pro-2 but they prefer to remain silent about it until they make the announcement.

Who else makes the jump?
I heard the Coyne's are going CORR racing. Is this true?

M_Solms

IvanDan said:
Their web site shows them going to both the east and west coast CORR

punkassslacker

I'm really bummed that their not doing any of the desert classes this year down in Chula Vista like they did last year. We did it last year and had a pretty good time, we liked a lot better than the Terribles Cup. I heard that some guys from the class 7's are trying to convince CORR to run the 7's again this year for possibly the last two Chula Vista races. Does anyone know who's heading that up?

Oscar

I heard the same thing, a guy from Corr name Todd (i think) said, someone had a petition going around to get us back in the game (he thought it might have been Greg and Jen from ROR). The May race is definatly out of the question but maybe the last three are a possibility.
If that petition is out there? Put my name on it!!!!!

Oscar Lara

getnasty

IvanDan said:
Coyne's will be there in their Pro-2 and their Pro-4. Should be an interesting season. We can't wait.

sickrick

Retroblazer may have some ideas on getting your desert trucks racing at the CORR events. He is responsible for getting the old class three trucks (formula4x4) racing again at CORR races in the midwest.

poolman

I know of another prominent Trophy Truck Team to enter Pro-2 but they prefer to remain silent about it until they make the announcement

What will they do with all the Camo stuff?pm

BAPerf

poolman said:
I know of another prominent Trophy Truck Team to enter Pro-2 but they prefer to remain silent about it until they make the announcement

What will they do with all the Camo stuff?pm
Some people think he will be a monster in Pro-2, I guess time will tell.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
the class 7s were definitely a great show, probable the best in the desert class, well maybe aside from the 16s, hope they come back, Roeseler drove the hell out of that truck...

CRAIG_HALL

I heard the CAMO team was interested in a pro-2 as well...

retroblazer

sickrick said:
Retroblazer may have some ideas on getting your desert trucks racing at the CORR events. He is responsible for getting the old class three trucks (formula4x4) racing again at CORR races in the midwest.
Thanks for the acknowledgement. Getting a class into a race is simple, just round up some entries. Most promoters share a common trait with the oldest profession, the desire for cash. Cash from more entries and all the people that come along with them. We initially paired class 3 and 7 together. It works well on short courses. I'd be up for a race or two.

bcampbell04

Resident Almost Know-it-all
well, the camo team and the driver that would be "a monster" that people are talking about shouldn't be too hard to guess....any frequent race-goer should know "the army"...i think they are like troops...i heard a long time ago the Gary Dircks was building a pro2 or pro4...i thought it was posted on this site somewhere