desert racing BROTHERS' son needs our help/prayers/miracle....

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
7 year old Dylan Darland was SEVERELY injured in a boating accident at lake powell sunday night....he was temporarily treated in Page then flown to phoenix childrens hospital (the best kid place there is) in phoenix.....he has lost his right leg and they are working DAILY to save his right arm.....please say a prayer for him (or whatever you do) , we really could use a miracle right now....this will be a long rehab for Dylan, please send cards, letters, or a check to Dylan darland, po box 10218 Glendale az 85318

Attachments

• dylan.jpg
    dylan.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,285

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
damn.. Prayers ...

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
latest news..

Tara Lay Gagliardi with [URL='https://www.facebook.com/gracie.seegan']Gracie Seegan and 9 others.[/URL]
[URL='https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10210189747450915&set=a.1786679517541.99683.1556151895&type=3']11 hrs · Phoenix, AZ ·

As we all have gotten to celebrate gods gift, I can update our strong boys amazing status!
The team of doctors worked for three hours. First they repaired all the tendons and muscles in the forearm and checked the blood flow to his entire hand including his fingers. The flow is not as strong as they would actually like. But they are optimistic that the hand and fingers might survive!
He is still very swollen. Once the swelling goes down they will graft skin off of his right thigh to be applied to his entire arm where it lacks skin.
They then reviewed the knee and he has a broken femur which they will do surgery on Saturday to repair with a plate.
Lastly they prepped the lower leg for a skin graft.
We still have a long road ahead of us. But we can all sleep good tonight as thoughts and prayers are working. Please continue your prayers.
Thank you from all of us!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...5&set=a.1786679517541.99683.1556151895&type=3
that all sounds good, I'm going to hospital today and will get more info......the little guy is tough, was awake yesterday and responding to his parents and brothers......[/URL]

Shoyrtt

Reaction
Some more details from Marty and Susan Fiolka's FB post :
"As you may or may not have heard, on Sunday, June 24th, a family in our off-road community experienced a devastating and life-changing tragedy.

Phoenix Class 1 racer Jeff Darland, his sons Gage (9) and Dylan (7), his girlfriend Jennifer Decker and her son Brock (8), set out to enjoy a summer vacation at Lake Powell. Just outside the Bullfrog Marina area, their boat hit an obstruction (most likely a sand bar). All three boys were ejected from the boat. Brock and Gage were not hurt, but Dylan was struck by the prop and sustained critical injuries, including the loss of a leg and possible loss of an arm.

Unbelievably, they were able to find a good Samaritan who rushed Dylan and Jeff to the local medical clinic. Dylan was stabilized at the medical clinic in Page and transported via Air Lift to Phoenix Children’s Hospital. Jeff was so distraught that he was not permitted to fly with his son. Jennifer accompanied Dylan to PCH while Jeff was left in Page with the two other boys, limited communication, no idea what was happening and no way to get back.

After being notified of the accident, Dylan’s mom, Tara and her husband Vince Gagliardi rushed to Phoenix Children’s Hospital. Jeff’s managed to contact long time friend and fellow Arizona racer John Herder. John and his wife Paulette sprung into action and contacted off-road racing friend Jesse Jones, who immediately volunteered his plane to bring Jeff and the boys back to town the next morning.

In addition to the family’s countless friends and family – it was the extended off-road racing community that rallied without missing a beat. It never ceases to amaze me what our community can do when one of our own is in need. Special thanks also go out to Jerry French, Pete Sohren, Rick Geiser and many others for their selflessness and generosity of support.

The road ahead for young racer Dylan Darland will have challenges that are hard to foresee at this point. Many have asked “what can we do to help”? At this point – a trust account has been set up for Dylan Darland (see below). As an incredibly active and talented young boy, he will encounter the need for many prosthetic devices and special equipment.

The generosity of the off-road community is like no other. Let’s show this young boy what it’s all about.

Above all – please keep the Darland and Gagliardi families in your thoughts and prayers.

Stay strong, Dylan Darland. We are all rooting for you!

Marty and Susan Fiolka

Trust Account:
Dylan Darland
Chase Bank
Routing #122100024 Account #3010649654"

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
....as you all know I'm not a fan of go fund me but it is easy ....please help if you can....its going to be a LONG recovery...Prayers and positive energy IS helping as he is getting better everyday....thank you all

Bdub 1020

Reaction
Said a prayer while holding my grand daughter. She also said a prayer and I believe prayers work. God Bless

NIKAL

Reaction
Prayers are sent. As a parent of a 6 year old or of any age for that matter, I cant imagine how tough this is for the whole family. The good news is it sounds like they are closer to saving his arm, hand & fingers. My family will continue to add Dylan to our prayers as he has a long ways to go.

johnnyweb

Reaction
Prayer said. Great to hear things are looking up for the little guy!

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
arm is looking up...time will tell on its mobility, miracles do happen and we need one here......surgery on right leg today to try and save his knee.....saving the knee joint will be a huge plus for the future so he can walk and run properly.....he is battling everyday, tough little guy...keep up the positive vibes, its working.

NIKAL

Reaction
Thank you for the update. Any news on the surgery and his knee?

facteryfmf

Reaction
DD's femur was plated and has a bunch of screws. Today was a good day although he is very frustrated he cannot get up out of bed and play.

uploadfromtaptalk1470026650249.jpg

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
saving his knee IS HUGE.....that surgery went well according to tara....if they can get the arm to function will be the miricle we are all hoping for.....only time and more work on it will tell....he has made FANTASTIC progress in one week.....keep up the positive thoughts for him...thank you all

deano

McDeano
Reaction
Thanks for the updates @pete, been thinking about this accident all weekend ....

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
unfortunatly, todays news is not good....

As the day is ending I am finely able to sit and collect my thoughts.
Our special little boy went into surgery to assess the blood flow throughout the arm and the hand.
The doctors determined that the hand did not have enough circulation and was not going to be able to survive.
Also the area where the bicep and tricep are, have diminishing tissue. The doctor plans to take part of the back muscle and transplant it into that part of the arm.
On top of the issues at hand he has an infection in the arm that is being treated by numerous antibiotics.
He will have another surgery tomorrow at which they will amputate the hand and do the muscle transplant.
Pain management has been working with us to relieve Dylan of his pain. He has not been doing very well with the pain in his arm and leg. Also he is very restless not being able to get out, or move around in his bed.
At the end of the day I look at my baby boy and question why? Why did this happen to an innocent little 7 year old boy? Then I think about how blessed I am to still have him here with us.
Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
Tara

very sad, i dont know what to say...

sb4pro

Reaction
image.jpeg

So sorry it took so long to see this , you all know how much I believe in prayer so here's one I hope will help