• Forum membership has its advantages....

Desert Racing Future

Racerinside

Seeing that things in the desert are changing from years past, we all need to unite to make desert racing better for the future.

Even though organizers will never admit it, there is always a competition to make their series better than the next. All this is doing is splitting the racers, and there for lowering car counts. Now the same amount of money is spent to organize a race and less people enjoy it.
There needs to be a "major league of desert racing" that includes the best races, equally spread apart. Like every 4 weeks, (if nascar can race every week, we can do it) with a couple weeks extra in between for the longer races.
Every promoter would be responsible for fewer races, that way they can give it their best effort. Smaller promoters can schedule in between those races, but would be limited to three to four events to help with the environmental impact, and also to give them more time in between races to organize.
All race classes should be equal across all promoters and should be decided by a board of the racers themselves.
All of these changes would not only help the racers as they can plan for the future up to a year in advance, but will also help the sport as outsiders will now be able to follow what is going on. This will bring fans, merchandising, and much needed sponsors which all equal money, and with more money, brings safety and security that racing in our deserts will be around for generations to come.

I came up with a schedule that needs some work but for a start could be considered. What do you guys think? Will it Work? Will it Help? Am I just dreaming?

baja619

Did you attend the Plaster City Summit Meeting held at competitive metals several weeks ago?

If not you should have. It was a conference of collective minds planning for the future.

TreyP

"F" you Bill
There is another summit meeting September 21 · 6:00pm - 8:00pm @ Competitive Metals - 135 Cypress Lane - El Cajon, Ca 92020

Be there.

LENNY

Seeing that things in the desert are changing from years past, we all need to unite to make desert racing better for the future.

Even though organizers will never admit it, there is always a competition to make their series better than the next. All this is doing is splitting the racers, and there for lowering car counts. Now the same amount of money is spent to organize a race and less people enjoy it.
There needs to be a "major league of desert racing" that includes the best races, equally spread apart. Like every 4 weeks, (if nascar can race every week, we can do it) with a couple weeks extra in between for the longer races.
Every promoter would be responsible for fewer races, that way they can give it their best effort. Smaller promoters can schedule in between those races, but would be limited to three to four events to help with the environmental impact, and also to give them more time in between races to organize.
All race classes should be equal across all promoters and should be decided by a board of the racers themselves.
All of these changes would not only help the racers as they can plan for the future up to a year in advance, but will also help the sport as outsiders will now be able to follow what is going on. This will bring fans, merchandising, and much needed sponsors which all equal money, and with more money, brings safety and security that racing in our deserts will be around for generations to come.

I came up with a schedule that needs some work but for a start could be considered. What do you guys think? Will it Work? Will it Help? Am I just dreaming?
I agree with what your saying but we all need to stop voting in these Dems and Lebs in office.Some will say that Clinton was great but we LOST more public land under him.Ive seen more attacks on our freedom in the last two years and if we dont stop them in Nov,we may only have Mexico to go race in.

charlie_brown

its not about the "head guy". its more about infiltrating CARB and others. they are completely full of all your tree huggers that are pushing there agenda on the "head person" to sign these laws.
they figured out long ago how to 'get" what they want everyone to do and we need to do the same.
making a new organization to lobby against them is not the answer.

LENNY

its not about the "head guy". its more about infiltrating CARB and others. they are completely full of all your tree huggers that are pushing there agenda on the "head person" to sign these laws.
they figured out long ago how to 'get" what they want everyone to do and we need to do the same.
making a new organization to lobby against them is not the answer.
There is a proposition in Nov that will stop CARB till Ca. unenployment comes down,least its a start.We have to stop all this B.S. VOTE them OUT!!!!!!!!

Racerinside

No I didn't get a chance to attend the last plaster city summit but if I get the afternoon off, I plan on going o the next one.

When people look at desert races, there is no standard, unlike almost every other form of sport. Everybody needs to unite and make one set of rules, equal entry fees, and a standardize schedule. When I get home I will post my proposed 2011 schedule and I know many dates are given to us (blm) and we can't just choose our own, but if we spread them apart it will help the racers, government, spectators, sponsors, and media keep track of what's happenning.

Just dreaming and hoping desert racing will still be around when my son (15 months) is old enough to race

Racerinside

2011 Proposed Desert Racing Calendar

January 14 Record El Alamo 200
January 28 Score Laughlin DC
February 11 More Balls Out
February 25 BITD Parker 425
March 12 Drive/MDR Plaster City
March 26 Snore Mint 400
April 9 Code Casas Geo Grand Prix
April 23 Score San Felipe 250
May 7 More Freedom 250
May 21 BITD Silver State 300
June 4 Score Baja 500
June 18 Record Ens-SF
July 2 Snore KC Midnight Special
July 16 Drive RDC 250
July 30 ? ?
August 13 BITD Vegas to Reno
August 27 Code Jacume Grand Prix
September 10 Score/BITD Primm
September 24 Lucerne 250
October 8 More Powder Puff
October 22 Drive WCT Townsel
November 5 Record San Vicente 200
November 19 Score Baja 1000
December 3 Snore/More/Drive Rage at the River
December 17 Record/Code/ Baja Mexicali-Ensenada-San Felipe
December 31 Drive/MDR/FUD Budlight Dash

MAJOR LEAGUE RACES

Brian & Amy

No I didn't get a chance to attend the last plaster city summit but if I get the afternoon off, I plan on going o the next one.

Just dreaming and hoping desert racing will still be around when my son (15 months) is old enough to race
Don't dream. Take the afternoon off, or feign a doctor's appointment and make the next Summit Meeting a priority. If you have put enough time and mental effort to present the idea you posted above, your input would be appreciated at the meeting.

And if you show up, I'll feed you!!!!

:)

Brian & Amy

Racerinside

I got the afternoon off and will be attending the summit, I just wanted to hear others opinions, at least to see if it is a viable option. Hopefully we have plenty of people there and I get to meet people that are as interested as me in keeping desert racing around for the next 100 years.