• Forum membership has its advantages....

Desert racing is officially returning to California. McKENZIE'S 300, June 6, Lucerne Valley, CA.

off2desert

MORE is the bomb! Spectating in lucerne is absolutely epic. The class 5 battle was the best racing of the day. Go class 5! Congrats on the young gun Cade Garcia taking the class 5 win this weekend.
Agreed ! Top few in class 10 and 1600 had a good battle as well. those times for the 16's was pretty impressive as this course seemed tailored to them.

class5cole

Great day, awesome turnout

Attachments

Astro

That's me in the red 10 car. This is off the start in the pit/speed zone. I admit that I was running about 55 but that car in front of me started behind me and hopped out of the marked race groove to pass. Lesson learned- ignore speed zone off start!

JLongo

I agree, great to be back in the desert again, we didn’t have a good day but had a blast anyway. Hats off to Cade Garcia he ran a fast smart race on a really rough course. I never knew there was that much silt in Lucerne.

dhjeepgeek

That's me in the red 10 car. This is off the start in the pit/speed zone. I admit that I was running about 55 but that car in front of me started behind me and hopped out of the marked race groove to pass. Lesson learned- ignore speed zone off start!
Yup.

Bro_Gill

There were plenty of folks who must not have listened to the prerace radio meeting that specifcally said '...you must stay in that race line down pit road and not use other lines to pass. If a car is not travelling 50mph, then you can go around and get right back in the race lane.' We had a white, yellow, and blue 5 car actually running the BLM/MORE access road go by us in teh pit off the start. We wondered if there would be any enforcement?

swiftracing5

There were plenty of folks who must not have listened to the prerace radio meeting that specifcally said '...you must stay in that race line down pit road and not use other lines to pass. If a car is not travelling 50mph, then you can go around and get right back in the race lane.' We had a white, yellow, and blue 5 car actually running the BLM/MORE access road go by us in teh pit off the start. We wondered if there would be any enforcement?
While I obviously don’t condone cheating or envy Cody’s job, I don’t like when things are said on a virtual drivers meeting and not on the racer brief. Yes, things need to be interpreted per each unique situation but I don’t see in the racer rules the 2 most interpreted rules- legal race line parameters or what you stated about specifics of the rules in speed zones. All I see is the speed limit, the flags, and “no aggressive passing”.
No dog in the fight just the second incident in class 5 that was presented to me and in looking at the racer rules I see no defined answers.

JLongo

I can tell you it was very difficult to run 50 MPH down that marked two track. The car just didn’t like it. 55 or 60 and the car would settle right down. (We tried this testing of course lol )My interpretation of the drivers meeting is the same as Bro , you can step out to pass if a car couldn’t maintain 50 mph. We had this happen and I can tell you it was very tough at 50 to move in & out of that deep groved Whooped out two track. We did our best to get back on the marked line as soon as we could but it did take a bit. Racing does funny things to the brain, thinking back if I just stayed behind him probably would have lost maybe 20 seconds.

mrmatt

It was great to be back out there! MORE puts on a great event and with all the hopes they had to jump through to.make it happen i am grateful Cody didn't just give up.
We had a great time as usual...i.am bummed that we dnf but stoked to be back racing.
And ya, mm 28-30 were brutal. I broke my co-driver through there!

Bro_Gill

I can tell you it was very difficult to run 50 MPH down that marked two track. The car just didn’t like it. 55 or 60 and the car would settle right down. (We tried this testing of course lol )My interpretation of the drivers meeting is the same as Bro , you can step out to pass if a car couldn’t maintain 50 mph. We had this happen and I can tell you it was very tough at 50 to move in & out of that deep groved Whooped out two track. We did our best to get back on the marked line as soon as we could but it did take a bit. Racing does funny things to the brain, thinking back if I just stayed behind him probably would have lost maybe 20 seconds.
There were more than several cars that were not just passing and getting back in the race line down pit road. They were just using a smoother line, period. Some were obvious to us as they had been prerunning those lines the day before over and pver and pver and we knew it would happen. There were also some cars, especially in class 10, that simply didn't obey the 50 mph rule throgh the pits the first time by. One was WAY over thge 50mph mark. Just wondered if there were any penalties passed out for this stuff?