Desert Specialties wheel bearings clicking!

Reaction
Has anyone had an issue with their Desert Specialties front 2.5" wheel bearings clicking? I have about 4000 miles on these and cant get the right side to stop clicking. I have swapped left to right and the damn thing still clicks. Is there some secret to properly adjust them? Desert Specialties said to take them down with pretty good preload as the aluminum expands and they tend to loosen up when they warm up. I will be putting in new bearings but at $200.00 for 2 of them I want them to be right the first time.
Thanks for the help.
Eric

Reaction
Seems the only place in San Diego that carries them is Kamen Industial Tech. It was $194 for 2 bearings, 2 races and two seals. If you know where they are cheaper pls let me know. bearings are Timkin L610549. I am still dealing with the clicking. Any idea's.
Thanks

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
I have actually ordered them from Autozone before, they can get anything with a Timken P/N........

Reaction
Thanks for the info. Hope it will save me some money. But now back to my original question. Is there a secret to adjusting the wheel bearings on Desert Specialties 2.5 front hubs? I cant seem to get the front right to stop clicking. How do you guys adjust yours?

motoxscott

Reaction
Is the clicking always on the same side?

Is the clicking for sure in the hub itself? Not a wheel balance weight hitting the brake caliper or something like that? Not one of the bolt heads for the rotor adapter hitting a bolt holding on a bolt-on snout?

How tight are getting the nut?

With the nut really tight is the hub loose where you can pull it in or out or hard to spin? If it's loose you'll need to machine down the bearing spacer. If it's too tight you will need a new longer bearing spacer.

Are the races loose in the hub?

Just throwing out ideas ....