• Forum membership has its advantages....

Desertracer.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeLeung

What happened to Desertracer.com. The page says that Pat Chicas and Off-Road.com are sueing them so the stopped posting the web site. Does anybody know what happened?

pjc

Chairman
Mike,

I am glad you asked.

Here is the exact and truhtful information.

1) Numerous posts have been made against ORC and myself. Lately, the site allowed only a select group of individuals to post message, i.e. it is a private BBS with "public read" ability.

2) One of the most defamatory posts was made on 6/29 against myself, my wife and my children. This message was made by Eric Record of www.go-desert.com</A>. Eric is also a board member of SNORE. I have email from Eric where he admits that he made the post.

3) At that time, I asked Eric to avoid all mention of ORC or myself on his site.

4) Unfortunately, the posts have continued and now, via the closed group of individuals that have private post access to the public BBS. IMHO, the site is partially used as a mechansim of vendetta against ORC and myself.

5) On 8/7, I formally asked Eric to remove all reference to ORC and myself from the site. That is it. No other threats were made or presented.

6) Eric has now taken it upon himself to discontinue the site yet, has blamed ORC for his own actions and his own out of control venue.

Obviously this is a nasty situation that we tried to avoid. I sincerely hope that a sane resolution is obtained for all.

Thanks

PJC

PJCinLV

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Desertracer.com closed posting a week before the midnight race or about that time, I remember because some people at the snore race talked about that. You refer to somthing that happened weeks before that time, when posting was still public.

Eric does a great service for the off-road community.

grt

Checkers *********
Pat:

Could you be more specific about the "Defamatory" post that Eric made concerning you and your family. I've known Eric for some time and this hardly seems to be his style. I have always thought him to be a tireless and energetic worker and friend of the off-road racer. His contributions to SNORE are undeniable.

George R. Thompson

rdc

go desert is cool. desertracer is a cesspool. I am glad it's gone.

pjc

Chairman
George,

I prefer to take this off-line to direct email. If you are interested, I can discuss to limited extent there.

Thanks

PJC

PJCinLV

rdc

<font color=yellow>It was bound to happen eventually. Let's just make sure that it does not spill over to RDC! Then again the administrators have the power to control these things here on RDC by means of "locking out" the conversations if they get out of had. So that in mind, lets all remember that RDC is the first and foremost source of information about off-road racing and lets not do anything to ruin that. RDC has a reputation of being a "class" site and board and there are a lot of important people in the off road community that read this forum. It is to bad these things have happened on another board but the bottom line is that they were not on RDC, let's keep it that way.</font color=yellow>

<font color=red>Used Car Salesman<font color=red>

scott

All the profanity with the 4 letter words, and the personal insults was pretty disrespectful, especially when people are hiding behind their PC's..... All that talk did, was show that the off-road community is a bunch of mindless idiots that have nothing important to say, which is not true.. I'm glad its gone!!!!!!!!!!!

rdc

You have been very public with all sorts of wicked posts on this topic on the web so your sudden silence is puzzling.
So too is your lack of detail or support for your many accusations. All flair and no substance.
Apparently you can't justify your position so you suddenly have to go
private. Trying to put Humpty Dumpty back together again?

rdc

Exact and truthful! When someone has to say they are being truthful, you can bet the next words aren't. You have been exactly untruthful.The vendetta is only in your head. You must have an ulterior motive in YOUR vendetta against the other lists that compete (and beat) ORC. What was your real motive? Or did you just decide to pick on a couple little guys to try to feed your ego. The posts you complained about were fine. They reported your inappropriate behavior so you were ticked. Well here's a news flash: you can't sue someone for speaking the truth.
Here's another gem: a list administrator isn't responsible for the content posted by members especially when there are multiple disclaimers before you get to the post. Your disagreement did not justify your actions. You seem to be the only nasty piece of work that is insanely out of control making unjustified threats of suit, not the innocent people you blame. Accept the responsibility for your own actions and your own failings. Here's a sane solution: apologize to the people you threatened, ask them to reinstate their list, promise not to do it again, and don't use any list you don't like.

kurt

Zorro - your words -- "have to go private" -- PJC has publicley stated his case here on RDC, and from his profile we all know who he is, yet you have no profile so who is hideing from who?! I have never met PJC or you (thou I can't be sure about you since you have no profile), my point - if you want to trash-talk some-one at least back it up with a name!!!

rdc

<font color=red>CLOSE THIS THREAD</font color=red>

<font color=red>Used Car Salesman<font color=red>

Status
Not open for further replies.